Sign in to follow this  
Guest diskus

flight plans and importing

Guest diskus

I have a generic question about what information is used by rc4 when a flightplan is imported and what it calculates on its own.I use fs9 to fs2004 to rc4 to create and import flightplansI seem to have problems at times with altitude restrictions that are ignored by rc4 does it use headings directly from the plan and airspeeds?Mike

Mike,RC uses the following information from your flight plan:1. Departure and destination airports so it knows where you are and where you want to go;2. The waypoints (actually their lat/lon) on your route so that it knows how you want to get to where your going;3. The cruising altitude/level you've filed.It does its own calculations to work out the required track between the filed waypoints and the position where descent clearance is given. I don't quite understand what you mean by "I seem to have problems at times with altitude restrictions that are ignored by rc4". Could you explain a little more?Pete

Guest diskus

Thanks for the infosoemtimes departure and arrival routes come with crossing restrictions and rc will sometimes ask you to climb or descend in violation of these.seems these are not used in the calculations by rc

i only care about the cruise altitude.if you want to follow the altitude assignments for a specific departure procedure, then choose no alt dpfor arrival, you can choose IAP approach, and fly the altitudes from the charts. you will not be vectored on an iap approach, so you need to know how to fly itjd

Guest diskus

Question,when selecting no dep alt restrictions in the options, do the controllers alter the commands for altitude or just stop enforcing them? I attempted this and they were still calling out altitiudes that would no be allowedMike

should be allowed to fly at any altitude during the departure procedurejd