Sign in to follow this  
Charlie Felix

Release from Hold

Hi,I'm new to RC and I've started going through the tutorials. I just flew tutorial #2 and was asked to hold just prior to MEM. When I was released from the hold I was flying the leg away from MEM. Before I could get back on my heading to MEM, ATC got on my case for not being on my flight path. Is there a way to get ATC to recognize that it takes a while to do a 180 in a 767?Charlie - KSBP

as long as your wings are not level, i'm going to assume you're turning back to on course.jd

Thanks. I was using an FMC so when I armed the "exit hold", it wanted to complete the circuit before heading to the next waypoint. I was able to get around this by erasing the "hold" entry on the FMC "legs" page when ATC released me from the hold. This initiated a "direct-to" the next waypoint and immediately started me turning to the correct course. No griping from ATC.Charlie - KSBP

Guest RichR

As to holding, I have never been instructed to hold plus I don't get deviations for traffic since I upgraded to 4.01. RichR

Same thing happened to me yesterday. Was put into a traffic saturation hold in Orlando and was just about to complete an outbound leg when I was cleared direct. I was on autopilot and just as I was dialing in the reverse heading I was chewed out for not being on my filed flight path. The timing was literally about 5 seconds. The tolerence level on this needs to be bumped up a bit I think. I doubt real ATC would jump on your case this quickly. Mike

if the rc co-pilot is flying the plane, you'll get vectors not holding patternif the last checkpoint isn't a vor, and it isn't near the field, you won't be held at allthe criteria and chances for being held is in the manual.jd