Sign in to follow this  
Guest stu bunch

Stutters when compiling wavs

Guest stu bunch

Hi all,Just a quick mention of my stuttering probs with the V4.01 RC4.It happens, as with other reports, when it compiles the wavs. In my case I use FSAutostart and have disabled the AV (NOD 32).There are about 24 processes still running in background according to task manager.My system is AMD3200 32bit, 1 gig 3200 ram, 120MB sata drive (defragged regularly), Radeon 9800 pro 128MB.The stuttering is pretty bad at a busy airport, fair enough on that score, but it is still noticeable at unpopulated airports with or without weather.As others have said, it doesn't stop me using it but it would be lovely to iron it out.I haven't tried the initial release, I went straight for the upgrade.Just my input for JD's pleasure.Regards,Stu

an interesting common thread amongst all stutterers, is an AMD chip. i don't know what that means. maybe nothing. i can't see how a chip manufacturer can be a part of the problem. i just throw that out there. are there any amd users without stutters?jd

Guest mmcevilley

>an interesting common thread amongst all stutterers, is an>AMD chip. i don't know what that means. maybe nothing. i can't>see how a chip manufacturer can be a part of the problem. i>just throw that out there. >>are there any amd users without stutters?Perhaps all the AMD folks w/stutters should also report their chipset.FWIW: My son runs the audio processing for his recording studio through PCs (well - he did - he now uses MACs ;-) ) .... anyway, he had all kinds of annoying sync/timing issues with the specialized DSP h/w boards until we followed the recommendations (duh!) and went with a motherboard w/Intel chipset. -michael

Guest stu bunch

My chipset nforce (the original nforce)with the latest nvidia drivers.Stu