Sign in to follow this  
brucewtb

Voices

Now that I have had a chance to try out RC4 I agree that it is a major step up from the default. However, even with the recent patch, I still find the voices an aggravation even when they all sped up using the sliders. The problem is that phrases are created by joing individual words spoken with various tonal inflections and are not at all realistic esp. when compared to chatter files taken from real world ATC or even the default ATC. The other problem is getting enough voices with appropriate regional accents - once you exclude all the Americans and the few European accents there are hardly any left for places like Australia even if you include all the brits (they don't sound too out of place in Oz although they still can't pronounce Melbourne correctly).Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

everyone is invited to record a set from their own region. the more the merrier.jd

G'day Bruce, (sorry, couldn't resist :)),<>We never had any volunteers from Oz at all or from other European countries that measured up in terms of quality. Pity because it would give RC a real international flavour. So, if you know of anyone prepared to put in 3 hours effort we'd love to have a controller set from down under.I hope I pronounced Melbourne correctly as I lived in Sydney as a youngster many moons ago. Mel-bun not Mel-born. Right?Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'm working on one at the moment but in the last few days my commitments to both work and various FS projects have ramped up, so it's down the pile a wee bit. This should give the Aussies in the forum enough time to do a set themselves, lest my 'koywoy ecksunt' becomes the voice of Sydney approach. Muaaaahahaha!!!!(For those not familiar with the Antipodes, Aussies and kiwis love making fun of each others accents, even though the more cultured citizens of each country sound practically identical anyway)

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Mark,Have you submitted test wavs and been passed to record a full set? If not then please contact Rick Thompson here rick@jdtllc.com. It's essential we assess your wavs before you start recording nearly 2000.Love to have an Aussie in the sets. Hope you pass muster ;-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Whoa, steady on, Ray - Mark is a Kiwi not an Aussie! There's a huge difference in the accent, you know. Whereas an Aussie would describe our national dish as "feesh and cheeps", to a Kiwi, it would be "fush and chups". :) Fascinating.Oh and by the way, knowing your predilection for oxymorons, I bet you spotted Mark's cracker - you know, the one about "cultured citizens"! :D PP

Woops!! :-badteeth Sorry Mark. Probably worse than calling PP a Southampton supporter :-lol<>I didn't but now that you mention it I'm not going anywhere near that one! Well, maybe just briefly... Is a cultured citizen one that drinks the amber nectar from a glass? Right, that;s it - I'm out of here... :-beerchug

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest johng

Would love to hear some australian voices on the air. An aussie pilot or two for a qantas flight wpuld be even better! Since the VOZ scenery has been released there is going to be an increase in the number of flights to our area.

Ooooh... I'll let that one pass Ray... :-)As for cultured citizens, if you don't drink straight from the keg you're 'cultured'...I have done some toying around with RC WAV but i haven't submitted test wavs as per your above post. EDIT: Sorry, I will contact rick regarding test wavs.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Got it Ray, and I appreciate the dificulty of getting enough volunteers to create voicesets and the efforts of those who have. Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Hi Mark,Nice to see you've a GSOH. Look forward to hearing your dulcet tones :-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather