Sign in to follow this  
pacosancas

Cloud Like a vertical sheet

Hi everybodyThe clouds in my fs are like vertical sheet Is there any way to correct this problem?(i am using rage 128 pro gc)

The best way is to make sure that no text is displaying on the screen. Like the framerate counter. Turn that off and watch as the clouds fluff up again.

Thanks for replyI know but it does't solve my problem

Hi, If you are talking about the Random stretch clouds by the engine (some random clouds appears flat from the original clouds created), you can't do anything about this for now.You may wait to fs sky weather, this will help with all clouds type and transition , prettty unrealistic if you use one clouds set in fs2k2, this is the problem.Paper thing little solution,Try this, add HideInfoText=1 under the [.MAIN.] section of the fs2002.cfg, all red text will be always desabled.[.MAIN.]MaximizedRUNNINGBADHWHideMenuNormalHideMenuFullscreenHideInfoText=1 <----------- add this lineThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

This "famous" tip for not displaying red text also has no relevance for me. Some clouds do appear paper thin when viewed through aircraft side windows (and only side windows). In my opinion this is one more hoax-tip and may be as irrelevent to the problem it is trying to solve as one guy making "discovery" that some removal of a semicoln in some config file would fix the glidleslope problem in FS2002.Michael J.

I read the tip about the text a while back. I tried it and it works everytime. No more vertical anomlies for me so long as the text is turned off. I turned it on and clouds go vertical. Turn it off and the clouds return to normal. Maybe it's only a cure for certain video cards. Don't know. I run the GTS64 and it works every single time.

Guest cwright

It's certainly not a hoax! I can demonstrate it repeatedly on my system. However it's not a 100% solution (I would say about 90%) Even with no on-screen text, thin clouds still occur when passing through them and looking sideways. This is one of the bugs Microsoft don't intend to fix. Best regards, Chris

cw; that 10 percent you're referring to may be because things didn't refresh. If you look out the left window and see anomlies, turn the text off and then immediately look left again and still see anomlies, try looking right and then back to the left and they'll be gone for sure. I don't know if refresh is the right word or not; but I sure thank the guy who first noticed that text on the screen was causing the problem. I've heard that ATC text causes the same problem as the framerate counter text.

HiWhen other text windows are open, like the ATC window, you also get sheet clouds.I have a 'low-end' machine (PII-400, G-force 2 MX400 ), but I do not have this problem, mainly becouse I have this line in my cfg file :-)No DC3 without a DC2;-)Cheers, RobVisit http://www.avsim.com/hangar/flight/dc2uiver/index.htm

Guest cwright

Yes, it is a refresh problem. They will generally corrct themselves after a short period of time, particularly if I switch views. I think it may be that the cloud updates have a low priority, just as the terrain texture mip map updates are painfully slow. I may be getting blurred textures and thin clouds for the same fundamental reason! Best regards, Chris Wright

Oh, yes Mr. "J", the text solution works on my system and on many others, it is fully repeatable, and flat clouds can be caused by the framerate counter as well as the ATC window. The fact that it doesnt' happen to you doesn't mean it is a hoax, please consider that you might not always be the owner of the Truth. It just means that someone has taken his/her time to investigate the problem and its solution, and also has invested her/his time to post it here trying to help other people.Paco