Sign in to follow this  
amenofiiv

My airline callsing

I've searched a lot on the forum, but since now I haven't found what I wanted.I fly my own company created by myself, so no callsign are displayed in the list (obviously). Using EditVoicepack I've made my own callsign (before using RC4) and it work wery well, I'm very proud of it!!There is a way to cusotmize in RC4 the callsign? Please don't tell me no, I am able to "play" with .wav files... maybe changing another callsig (i.e. Aerosur that I don't use at all) and with a copy-paste play is possible to make the callsign... or there will be an application more user-friendly (like editvoicepack) to make these "corrections" more simply? Thanks to all who will answer me!! (very sorry for my english!!)Vittorio

there is no out of the box way of doing it.graham jackson has created many UK airport names by putting together or taking apart previously recorded names.i suppose you could find the proper sounds in different wavs, and piece them together.you would have to do that for each controller, and each pilot/copilot you plan to use.you would then need to add an entry in the c4.csv file.

Hi jd, thanks for the answer.Do you think in the next updates/versions of Radar Contact will be available a customization program that will allow to make the evenctually missing callsings? Thanks!Vittorio

hi, i think it's simply: as the same way editvoicepack (and vice versa) manage the sound files in flight simulator 2004. Do I am wrong??Vittorio

Guest johng

>there is no out of the box way of doing it.>>graham jackson has created many UK airport names by putting>together or taking apart previously recorded names.>>i suppose you could find the proper sounds in different wavs,>and piece them together.>>you would have to do that for each controller, and each>pilot/copilot you plan to use.>>you would then need to add an entry in the c4.csv file. Do the new entries in c4.csv have to be converted to Excel format or should they be added ,as Graham instructs, in notepad. If the latter,how is this done?

notepad onlyfilename, ainame, icao name, 0, 0ainame is what is picked up by fsuipc, trafficlook, and displayed visually above the aijd

Guest johng

>notepad only>>filename, ainame, icao name, 0, 0>>ainame is what is picked up by fsuipc, trafficlook, and>displayed visually above the ai>>jdI did this but got a "runtime error" when I tried to open Radarcontrol. Opened OK when I deleted the notepad format entries added to the Excel format rcv4 data. I notice that the recent avsim UKcallsign download was for rc4 not rcv4. Is this significant?

Hi John,<I doubt it. Can you post the entry you entered in c4.csv and we'll see if we can work out why RC4 didn't like it.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Whisperjet

Hi John,Been working with Graham today to try and solve a similar problem.It seems that if you open the c4.csv with excel it MAY get corrupted and give a runtime error after adding in the text in notepad form.The best bet is to delete the c4.csv file, start RCV4,then close RCV4 (this will generate a new c4.csv file from the RCV4 server).RIGHT click the new c4.csv file and "Open with" Notepad. Copy and paste from the "add to c4.csv.txt" file from the download into the opened new file. I originally added this text to the end of the c4.csv file but this gave me a problem in that the callsigns were all wrong eg Excel c/s was being transmitted as 1st Cambodia ???!!!?After experimenting I found that instead of putting the text at the end of the file, if you paste it between the linesz,z,Zulu,0, 0 1ST CAMBODIA,FIRST CAMBODIA,,0, 0to look like thisz,z,Zulu,0, 0Excel Airways,Expo,Excel Airways - United Kingdom,0, 0 Aeromedicare,Lifeline,Aeromedicare Ltd - United Kingdom,0, 0 Airx,Blue Island,Airx Limited t/a Lecocqs com - United Kingdom,0, 0 All Charter,All Charter,All Charter Ltd - United Kingdom,0, 0 Bond Helicopters,Bond,Bond Helicopters Ltd - United Kingdom,0, 0 Boscombe Down DERA,Blackbox,Boscombe Down DERA (Formation) - United Kingdom,0, 0 British Airways SANTA,Santa,British Airways SANTA - United Kingdom,0, 0 BWA,Britworld,BWA (2002) Ltd - United Kingdom,0, 0 Eurojet Aviation,Go Jet,Eurojet Aviation Ltd - United Kingdom,0, 0 Euromanx,euromanx,Woodgate Executive Air Charter UK Ltd - United Kingdom,0, 0 Falcon Jet Centre,Falconjet,Falcon Jet Centre - United Kingdom,0, 0 Global Supply Systems,Jet Lift,Global Supply Systems Ltd - United Kingdom,0, 0 Highland Airways,Hiway,Highland Airways Ltd - United Kingdom,0, 0 Interflight,interflight,Interflight (Learjet) Ltd - United Kingdom,0, 0 Island Aviation,Island Flyer,Island Aviation Ltd - United Kingdom,0, 0 Titan Airways,Zap,Titan Airways Ltd - United Kingdom,0, 0 Alan Mann Helicopters,Mann,Alan Mann Helicopters Ltd - United Kingdom,0, 0 Zoom Airlines,Zoom,Zoom Airlines - Canada,0, 01ST CAMBODIA,FIRST CAMBODIA,,0, 0you should be good to go!I should point out that we have not heard of any other instances of this happening...might just be me ;-) but if it helps anyone fair do's!The download to RC4 is a typo...should be RCV4.Best way round this is to download to a temporary folder and then copy/paste all the numbered folders into your RCV4/winwood folder. Job done!Sorry for the long post!Hope this helps someone!

Guest johng

>Hi John,>Been working with Graham today to try and solve a similar>problem.>>It seems that if you open the c4.csv with excel it MAY get>corrupted and give a runtime error after adding in the text in>notepad form.>>The best bet is to delete the c4.csv file, start RCV4,then>close RCV4 (this will generate a new c4.csv file from the RCV4>server).>RIGHT click the new c4.csv file and "Open with" Notepad. Copy>and paste from the "add to c4.csv.txt" file from the download>into the opened new file. I originally added this text to the>end of the c4.csv file but this gave me a problem in that the>callsigns were all wrong eg Excel c/s was being transmitted as>1st Cambodia ???!!!?>>After experimenting I found that instead of putting the text>at the end of the file, if you paste it between the lines>>z,z,Zulu,0, 0 >1ST CAMBODIA,FIRST CAMBODIA,,0, 0>>to look like this>>z,z,Zulu,0, 0>Excel Airways,Expo,Excel Airways - United Kingdom,0, 0 >Aeromedicare,Lifeline,Aeromedicare Ltd - United Kingdom,0, 0 >Airx,Blue Island,Airx Limited t/a Lecocqs com - United>Kingdom,0, 0 >All Charter,All Charter,All Charter Ltd - United Kingdom,0, 0>>Bond Helicopters,Bond,Bond Helicopters Ltd - United Kingdom,0,>0 >Boscombe Down DERA,Blackbox,Boscombe Down DERA (Formation) ->United Kingdom,0, 0 >British Airways SANTA,Santa,British Airways SANTA - United>Kingdom,0, 0 >BWA,Britworld,BWA (2002) Ltd - United Kingdom,0, 0 >Eurojet Aviation,Go Jet,Eurojet Aviation Ltd - United>Kingdom,0, 0 >Euromanx,euromanx,Woodgate Executive Air Charter UK Ltd ->United Kingdom,0, 0 >Falcon Jet Centre,Falconjet,Falcon Jet Centre - United>Kingdom,0, 0 >Global Supply Systems,Jet Lift,Global Supply Systems Ltd ->United Kingdom,0, 0 >Highland Airways,Hiway,Highland Airways Ltd - United>Kingdom,0, 0 >Interflight,interflight,Interflight (Learjet) Ltd - United>Kingdom,0, 0 >Island Aviation,Island Flyer,Island Aviation Ltd - United>Kingdom,0, 0 >Titan Airways,Zap,Titan Airways Ltd - United Kingdom,0, 0 >Alan Mann Helicopters,Mann,Alan Mann Helicopters Ltd - United>Kingdom,0, 0 >Zoom Airlines,Zoom,Zoom Airlines - Canada,0, 0>1ST CAMBODIA,FIRST CAMBODIA,,0, 0>>you should be good to go!>>I should point out that we have not heard of any other>instances of this happening...might just be me ;-) but if it>helps anyone fair do's!>>The download to RC4 is a typo...should be RCV4.>Best way round this is to download to a temporary folder and>then copy/paste all the numbered folders into your>RCV4/winwood folder. Job done!>>Sorry for the long post!>>Hope this helps someone!Hi, still no joy! I moved the c4.csv excel file to a backup folder and got a "runtime error 62 RadarContact.rcv4module.read_callsigns"message. Would the easiest way be to reinstall RadarControl from the disc,and reinstall the update? Are there any hidden problems with this proceedure? I still have the original rego key if it is still valid to complete a reinstall. (ps I just noticed that there is now a new c4.csv file but without any data entries)

John,No need to deinstall/reinstall RC4. The easiest way to get a working c4.csv is to rename it and then launch RC4. It will detect your c4 is missing and will download it.Sorry I can't help with creating a new entry but hopefully JD when he returns from Florida will come to your rescue.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest johng

>John,>>No need to deinstall/reinstall RC4. The easiest way to get a>working c4.csv is to rename it and then launch RC4. It will>detect your c4 is missing and will download it.>>Sorry I can't help with creating a new entry but hopefully JD>when he returns from Florida will come to your rescue.>>Cheers,That was a quick reply! Don't you guys in the UK sleep? Ray, I renamed c4.csv to c4bak and ran RC4. It detected that c4.csv was missing and presumably downloaded a working copy then gave the same error message as previously. The new .csv file was still empty.regards, John.

Guest RickT

johng,Send me an email (help@jdtllc.com). An error 62 means your RCv3.dat file has become corrupted. I'll send you a replacement.

Hi John,I used to sleep but found I could put the time to better use :-lolI see Rick has come to your rescue. Hopefully by now all is well.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather