Sign in to follow this  
Guest boomer

Interaction with AI when taxiing for takeoff or to the gate.

Guest boomer

Just purchased and updated to RC4 and so I am impressed with everything. I do have one question. I was on a takeoff roll when an aircraft crossed my runway about 200 yards in front of me. There was no warning or interaction from RC4. I also , on another occasion was taxiing to a runway when another airliner crossed in front of me--again, no warning from RC4 but the default ATC told me to hold.Is this normal?Thanks for your assistanceRoger Hollands

Hi Roger,On the first problem RC4 could end up freezing aircraft whilst they are crossing your runway so sometimes it's better to let them keep moving. Usually only happens at very busy airports with many Ai aircraft.Whilst taxiing to the active RC4 won't keep other Ai aircraft out of your way. You have to keep out of their way. We do keep them away from you once your airborne.It's recommended you switch off the default ATC and just rely on RC comms.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest boomer

Ray:Thanks for the input. I appreciate it.Roger Hollands

Guest Kingair315

Today flying from L35 Big Bear City in PMDG B1900 had two things happen that were unexpected. First RC4 gave me altitude of 8000 to KFUL. Because the mountains around L35 are higher, requested 10000, and while they were considering it, had to bust Altitude to get over them. Was warned 4 times before getting back down to 8000. Maybe I should have circled inside the mountains until they approved it, but was already so close went over before hitting them. Then, was vectored to R6 instead of R24 which was active. Landing was facing 4 aircraft waiting to takeoff, and had to turn off in the grass to keep from a headon. Bob

Hi Bob,When departing or arriving in mountainous areas tick NOTAMS. You'll have more freedom about adhering to altitudes.On your second point maybe there was a change of runway around the time approach vectored you 06. In all my flights that is something I've encountered very little of so I think you were just unlucky with timing. Sounds like the wind was at 90 degrees to 06/24 so a small shift is all that's needed to force a runway change.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Kingair315

Thanks for the quick response.... will check NOTAMS...AS KFUL is considered my "home" - I live 2 miles out under the flight path for R06, all my flights begin and return there, even on round the world flights... :-) You are probably correct, was using Real Weather, and though usually the prevailing winds are from the west, many times Ive been sitting there with winds from the east. Usually Ive got 50+ AI aircraft on the ground, with GA-Traffic, so guess shouldnt have been surprised to meet 4 or more waiting to depart.