Sign in to follow this  
Guest wtsapchy

RC Installation

Guest wtsapchy

Hi all,Just ordered RCv4 a few days ago and waiting for delivery. Should I apply 4.01 patch immediately after installation ? I want to install RC to my WideFS PC. Any last minute tips on that installation ?Daniel

Guest RickT

Hi Daniel,Please install RCv4.0 from the CD first. Second get your activation key. Third it is your choice try RCv4.0 or you can install the 4.01 upgrade. Read the section in the manual running RC over a network.

Guest wtsapchy

Do I need to uninstall RCv3.1 first ?Well, I have read the manual and still not 100% sure the correct sequence to install RC in WideFS PC. Are the following sequences okay ?1.Install RCv4.2.Get the activation key.3.Meanwhile, after installation and before activation of RC, I should find makerwys.exe in FS9 main folder.4.Run makerwys.exe to create r4.csv which will be found in FS9 main folder.5.As soon as the activation key is obtained, I should perform 'Rebuild Sceneary DB' first hand.6.Click 'yes' when prompted 'Is this a WideFS configuration'.7.Point to the network shared FS9 folder when asked.Daniel

Guest RickT

RCv4 does not need RCv3 to be installed so yes you can uninstall RCv3 if you wish or leave it where it is.It is always best to have your activation key entered in RC before doing anything with it. Otherwise your steps look fine to me.

Guest wtsapchy

Just received my copy and installed on my WideFS PC. I cannot find that makerwys.exe on FS9 in main PC. Where is it ? I have no FS installed in WideFS PC. Only FS9 in my main PC.Daniel

Guest RickT

It should be in the Flight Simulator main directory. Please do a search for makerwys.exe on both your client and server machines. Search the whole drive on each machine. If you can not find it send a message to help@jdtllc.com and ask that the makerwys.exe be sent to you.

Guest wtsapchy

Thanks. I found it in root drive of client PC. I have done a couple of flights. Great ! I have two more questions :1. I did not find the voice robotic and was happy with it. Do I need the upgrade to 4.01 ?2. I did a minimum install initally. Now, I wish to install the chatter, too. How can I just manually install the chatter only without having to reinstall the whole RC again ?Daniel

2) sorry, de-install, re-install1) there are at least 12 things fixed in 4.01 - if you are running an intel processor, i'd update to 4.01there is a debate going on about 4.01 causing stutters, due to the new way of creating the wavs to play. you can install the 4.01 upgrade, benefit from the fixes, and see if you experience stutters. more than 90% of the users do not have that problem. you can always go back to 4.0jd

Guest wtsapchy

I installed the upgrade. Voice sliders in the mid. Very smooth flight so far. The use of WideFS is highly recommended. I flew with RC, ActiveSky and FS Flight Keeper running at the same time in my old time PIII 450 mHz client PC. Not one single stutter noted so far.Just a minor issue. Would like to see greater flexibility in installing chatter files, e.g. allow addition or removal of specific geographical chatter from the main interface. Something like if I mainly fly in Europe, I could just install the Europe chatter.Great add-on !!DanielVHHH