Sign in to follow this  
Guest padds

Keypress Question

Guest padds

I have been using RC4 a lot over the last few weeks since getting it, it has renewed my passion for sure. I have a small question and a possible suggestion for an enhancement...When I run it I someetimes have small issues where one or more keys (usually just one) stop working. It is usually either the 2 or the 7 key that stops. If I stop Rc and restart it, all is well. Sometimes... the problem re-occurs during flight, but not that often.My setup is the PMDG737, RC4 in a Widefs setup, FS Live Cockpit on another system and weather in another machine. I always start RC4 last of everything (yes it takes me time to get flying!)A solution that would work perfectly for me would be if I could send the keypresses from the dedicated RC4 system it runs on, rather then the FS machine. I have a custom keyboard I would like to use that would allow me to make a nice interface to the FMC ont he FS machine, but if I do this I loose the numbers.. if I could enter the numbers and other keypresses directly on the RC4 system instead of through the FS system, I could make an "RC4 Panel" with all the relevant buttons... is this even possible?Jonathan O'Connor

Guest RickT

Hi Jonathan,Concerning your first point, it sounds like Flight Simulator may be losing focus. If the keys stop working as you say try moving your mouse cursor over any part of the screen except Adv Display and clicking the left mouse button.JD will have to answer your suggested solution. He is out of town this week and I'm sure he will answer it when he sees it. If not feel free to repost the question when you see him answering questions again.

Guest padds

Thanks for the response.It is not FS loosing focus however, it is the only thing running on the main machine. I do not use ADVDisplay (I used Showtext from the same archive to display all output on a separate machine from the FS one).This happens usually at the start where the key will not work from the get-go, or well into the flight where it suddenly stops. i thought it may be FS Live Cockpit doing this, but it was not, have disabled it a couple of times to test.My setup may be a little unusual in that each program I used has a dedicated PC for it :)Jonathan O'Connor

Guest RickT

Sorry next time I'll read a little closer. What happens if you click on the desktop of the machine running Showtext?Let's take everything out of the mix except Flight Simulator and Radar Contact. Try flying your flight plan.But this time click the debug button in Radar Contact before hitting start. It will create a file called rcv4.log in your rcv4 directory. When the keys lock up or the flight is over zip up that file and send it to help@jdtllc.com. Also include your flight plan (*.pln), and *.rcd file. I'll look at the log and see if I can spot something happening that is not suppose to.

Guest padds

Will do some flying tonight and see what happens with RC in Dubug mode.Oh and the showtext PC is display only, i dont beleive the program transmits anything back to FSUIPC.Thanks!Jonathan O'Connor