Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

Flight #5 - issues/questions ahoy

Hi all,Today I had my busiest flight under RC4, BA553 LIRF-EGLL in the LDS763. It was all a bit of a disaster in the end. Read on...Points of note / concern.-Was at the holding point for runway 34L, number 2 behind a Beechcraft Baron just lining up and with a 747 on short finals. At that point I was ordered to line up and wait. Would the lining up traffic and the 747 on short finals not be enough to trigger a hold short command?-Enroute traffic advisories had incorrect 'o clock' references. For example a 737 received an advisory about me, saying I was at his 12 o clock, 4 miles. Thing was, I was flying alongside and slightly behind him same alt/hdg/spd, putting me in his 8 o clock reference.-Traffic reporting at FL350 but showing on my LDS TCAS as 1000 feet below that. Possibly an LDS thing so can't be sure. 1010/29.92 pressure setting by the way...-Ended up on 3 mile final to EGLL R27R with traffic rolling out. Cleared to land, then on short finals a 747 started to line up!*Curse, swear, TOGA, positive rate, gear up, flap 20, etc...*-By the time I had the aircraft stabilised in the climb out, the option to declare a missed app had disappeared?On the second approach I got down to the last 500 feet with good separation and all aircraft waiting for me then I got an out of memory error and the whole lot went crashing to the desktop, my first out of memory scenario yet.So, what happened here? I've run 5 flights under RC4 without a hitch before tonight, the only difference that I can think of was that AI traffic was substantially heavier on arrival at this time. Has anyone experienced the above and what (if anything) can be done to correct it?Love the application by the way, just wondering what happened this time!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hi Mark,<Ordinarily yes. Difficult to establish what the problem was without a log. If you can replicate this and supply a log it would be useful. Search this forum for 'log' - there are plenty of references to creating one. Here you go ...launch rcv4.execlick debugload your .plnclick start rcduplicate the problemclick stop rczip up the .log and send it to jd@jdtllc.com, with a brief explanation of the problem<>No possibility that it was referring to another 767 in the area? I know there is a slight time lag between calculating and announcing these proximity warnings but that still doesn't sound right. Again, a log would be helpful.<>Ai aircraft don't fly at Flight Levels - only at altitudes. Hence the apparent discrepancy. I think there may be a future fix for this. Of course you meant 1013.2/29.92 ;-)<>If you have 100% Ai traffic at a large airport such as EGLL it's going to push RC to the extreme. There's just too many aircraft that RC has to monitor. Having said that this is not how RC normally handles the situation and I would have expected you to have been issued with a GA. Did you get one? I've had one when less than 200ft up which doesn't leave much time to react. It might be prudent to lower Ai % at very busy airports at peak times.<>Can you post your system spec and list what other software was running? RC uses very little memory so I suspect it may have been the amount of traffic at EGLL plus the scenery especially if you're using a 3rd party addon. The LDS767 uses a fair amount of system resource too of course.Try another flight into EGLL but at either a different time of day or with a lower Ai %. It does sound as though you're pushing your system to the limits and all apps including RC4 will struggle for available resources. Moving apps to a slower second PC and linking via WideFS is becoming increasingly popular especially for those of us running multiple apps.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks for the comments Ray, I'm not used to being on the receiving end of help in FS so I hope I didn't come across negatively!I'm about to do a run from MIA to BOS with logging on, hopefully we'll see what the control does there.Thanks again.

Mark Adeane - NZWN

Hi Mark,<>Not at all! You should have seen me trying to get my head around Transition Altitudes, Levels and the ilk when we were testing. Poor Pete Pitman must have been at his wits end with me. Now, I don't even give it a second thought :-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Blow me down, I subsequently had a faultless flight. Must have been the traffic levels after all!I have UT2005 on order so I will have to keep those AI levels down by the sounds of it, though I would have to anyway for performance sake I expect!

Mark Adeane - NZWN

Hi Mark,Glad to hear things are on the up for you :-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather