Sign in to follow this  
Guest LarsKluver

Unbelievable

Guest LarsKluver

How wonderful it would be if the program somehow made a running backup of itself, so one could return to where one were when the simulator crashes right before landing. When a crash occurs, one don't have the option to save it manually! - and one don't know in advance that it will!!At least in the old version one could work oneself the way from the start to where one are when the simulator crashes, by just responding and eventually going directly to the next waypoint (the one before landing). Now - since one are send directly out on the runway, in the new version, one don't have that option anymore and can't force the program to go to where one are.Now the only option is either to land without any guidance from the controllers or abandon the flight and perhaps - if one have the energy to waste another 2 hours - to start all over again.BOY IT SUCKS!!!CheersLars Kl

Hi Lars,I use Pete Dowson's 'autosave'.Whenever it saves the FS flight the RC state is saved as well.It's saved me many times - I'd never leave home without it ;-)All the best,John

Guest LarsKluver

I have cooled off now ;-) All the preparation and a perfect flight from KSEA to just before KSFO at 11000 ft.I do have the Autosave program, so i have no problems to start the simulator up where the crash happened. The problem is to have Radar Contact continue from there.In vers. 3 you had to request permission to take off - so you could go on giving the commands and finally choose "chkpoint dir" and - in this case - go directly to SFO.Since you are told "automatically" to drive into position on the runway in vers. 4 - you are stuck there.And there are no options in the program that you can define it should go to a certain waypoint - and it don't automatically make a backup at e.g. the waypoint, so one at least were close.You can't do it manually during the flight as it would destroy the illusion - well - maybe one should make one when one have reached the cruising altitude - and right before landing, but it would be smarter if it was a feature in the program.

Hi Lars,If all is working correctly when autosave saves the .pln and .wx files RC will save a .rcd file of the same name containing the RC data.So you should be able to load the saved flight in FS, then start RC and choose the 'Load previously saved .RCD' option and choose the corresponding .rcd file.RC should continue from the point at which the flight was saved.If you want to save a flight with RC running the key strokes ctrl shift ; should do it automatically. The name RC chooses for the saved file is displayed briefly in the advdisplay window. Don't have FS paused while this is happening.All the best,John

Guest LarsKluver

Thank's so much, John!! I didn't know. One problem less in life :-)

>I have cooled off now ;-) All the preparation and a perfect>flight from KSEA to just before KSFO at 11000 ft.>wow, that is interesting. I have also done that flight using PMDG's 373 and FlyTampa's airports. I too have never completed this flight because of CTD's while using RC4.Yesterday was the third (and final) attempt for me. I have no issues when not using RC4 so I just wrote it off. I will try going somewhere else tonight besides the northwest - see if I can complete it.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest mmcevilley

>>I have cooled off now ;-) All the preparation and a>perfect>>flight from KSEA to just before KSFO at 11000 ft.>>>>>wow, that is interesting. I have also done that flight using>PMDG's 373 and FlyTampa's airports. I too have never>completed this flight because of CTD's while using RC4.>>Yesterday was the third (and final) attempt for me. I have no>issues when not using RC4 so I just wrote it off. I will try>going somewhere else tonight besides the northwest - see if I>can complete it.FWIW (copied from a post on this forum some time ago):Ever since the inception of FS9 I can repeat this CTD on a KSEA-KSFO flight, flying the PYE1 arrival. I first experienced this CTD flying 767PIC, before I owned RC3, before UT was developed, and with no FSGenesis scenery.I simply do not fly the PYE1 arrival on KSEA-KSFO routes.-michael

Michael is correct, the most likely cause is a known bug or missing texture (or something) that manifests itself around the Point Reyes VOR. I have managed to provoke a CTD on this arrival in everything from a default a/c to the PMDG/LDS Boeings and everything in between.What I'd like to know is if anyone has isolated the issue and done a fix, MS or otherwise?

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Ive never experienced that problem, I regularly fly that route as it a 2hr flight and I get bored flying longer. PYE1 STAR works fineI have Flytampa for both airports, UT USA, Radar Contact 4.1, ASV6 and it works fine with PMDG and Level-D aircraft.RegardsGraham

Guest LarsKluver

Landed in KSFO again today, arriving from CYVR this time. Made a slightly different approach this time, passing Sacramento and then flying directly towards KSFO from there and no crash this way.Come to think of it. Last time i experienced this crash, i also arrived into KSFO from the north, so i will avoid this PYE1 you mention.I'm afraid MS is to busy with FS10 to worry about that. But maybe there's a "creative" soul somewhere out there? :-)CheersLars

Guest Pylet

I too am having the same problems KSEA to KSFO route and CTD. Mine happens everytime just as my co-pilot is switching frequencies to get weather. I am using the PMDG B737-700, Mega Scenery and Fly-Tampa for this area. I have no problems going KSFO to KSEA. I have also approached KSFO on the KSTL to KSFO run with no problems encountered. Will try KSEA to KSFO without RC4 and see what happens. Good luck all.

Make sure you are using the latest version of FSUIPC. There was mention of it fixing a ceash which had something to do with a frequency changing conflict where common frequencies among destinations were used with ATIS.Search on ATC.dll here in this forum.

Guest Pylet

Is that ATC.DLL just for RC? I flew again today KSEA-KSFO without RC and the same thing happened. But, you know, I was receiving some ATIS and I went to switch it off, that's when the screen when black and I had to CTR-ALT-DEL end-task FS9. I'll look for ATC.dll and give it a try. Thanks.

Guest RickT

ATC.DLL has nothing to do with Radar Contact. It handles the Flight Simulator ATC function only.