Sign in to follow this  
Darcy

Anyone found a solution for the stuttering/pause in 4.01?

I am an old time user of RC V3 and was considering purchase of V4; BUT NOW.....??? I run with Win 2000 Pro. Anyone out there using RC V4with my OS?Dwightwiggins.

Guest Dutch64

Hi Ray, sorry i didn't see your message earlier, might be the way this forum shows new posts ;)For my system specsAthlon 64 3500+, Abit AV8-3rd eye mobo, 2x512mb pc3200 ddr (dual channel), several sata and 133 drives, nvidia 6600GT AGPThe freezes and stutters are as follows; just before the words of the controllers or pilot are played, the image freezes for a moment, when the wav is being played, no problems then, it's just right before the wav is played. By now i can tell perfectly when i will get a message from a controller because the sim will freeze just slightly before ;)During the wav, no matter how long it will play, there are no problems at all. I limit my frames to 18 because to me it still looks smooth then and it leaves more resources for other processes like scenery, weather etc.I've seen several messages now also by pentium owners who seem to have the same problems.To add to the list of options tried; I removed the soundblaster and used internal card (didn't expect it was the cause but you never know), no difference. increased slightly the voltage to my ram (to 2.7v, was on 2.65) and played with some more settings, though the sim runs even smoother now, the freezes are still there.More and more i believe it is a combination of proc and mobo. I also would like to believe there is some bios setting then which might (partly) solve it in that case....I think we can rule out that it is the way how wavs are played because (well, at least for me) wavs play perfectly...It's an obsession now ;)

Guest wtsapchy

Hi Alan,I have 4.01 installed in my client PC networked to main FS9 PC. I used WideFS during flight. So far not one single stutter / pause. My client PC is only a very old time PIII 450 mHz. I have the following add-ons running at the SAME time during flight :Client PC (PIII 450mHz) Main PC (PIV 2.66 gHz)ActiveSky FS9RCv4.01 AI aircrafts by Project AI (70% density)FS Flightkeeper Ground Environment 6WideFSShow TextMS Word (Displaying Flightplan)IE (Pointed to wed page displaying SID / STAR)Display sliders in FS9 within mid to high. Framerates during takeoff and landing in major airports are 20-25. During flight, 30-40. RCv4.01 runs very smoothly in my old time client PC !!!Hope this help !!!DanielVHHH

Guest wtsapchy

The text box cannot display table properly. My setups are :Client PC (PIII 450mHz)ActiveSky FS9RCv4.01 AI aircrafts by Project AI (70% density)FS Flightkeeper Ground Environment 6WideFSShow TextMS Word (Displaying Flightplan)IE (Pointed to wed page displaying SID / STAR)Main PC (PIV 2.66 gHz)FS9AI aircrafts by Project AI (70% density)Ground Environment 6So far, RCv4.01 runs very smoothly, not one single stutter / pause.Hope this help !!DanielVHHH

Hi Martin,<>Ah, now I get it, thanks. I thought it was the delivery of the instruction that was stuttering. The fact that it's FS9 tells me that RC4 is hogging processor time whilst gathering and concatenating the required wavs.I'm sure this will be useful to JD. Maybe some way can be found of spreading out the wavs gathering process.Thanks for posting your findings.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

That is exactly what mine does too. The stutter/pause is just before the wave is played. The playing if fine. Its just that you can tell when ATC is about to speak because there is a pause just before you hear the speach.Hope this helps

if i did that, then it would be too slow or too robotic or too something. to me, the key is to find why most people are ok, a few aren't. fix the few, keep everyone else happyjd

Win2000 Pro. Thanks, reply is reassuring. When I am up and running will report performance. ANAMIV

I've just installed RC v4.01 for the first time so I don't have experience with v 4. However I sometimes get pauses awaiting responses to requests but not all the time. Reading all the various posts I'm confused about what people mean by "stuttering". I don't get vocal stuttering but I do get visual stuttering since installing RC e.g. on the take off roll there will be a couple of noticeable hesitations visually while travelling along the runway (as well as at other times during the flight).My system is AMD Athlon64 3000+, 1GB 3200DDR RAM, Geforce 6600GT 128MB and both FS and RC are running in the same PC and HD.I have a second HD in the machine so could move RC there if it helped.Any cure for this would be greatly appreciated. However, I know from what I've read that support for this product is absolutely first class!Iain :-)

Hi Ian,<>Visual stuttering as you have discovered is stuttering of FS and not Radar Contact. That description also confused me when it was first used.The problem is that the processor is trying to gather all the required wavs prior to processing them (i.e. giving you an instruction) and it seemingly can't do that and satisfy the demands of FS to produce fluent frame rates at the same time. The result is that FS 'stutters' briefly just before a command is issued.Athlon owners seem to suffer with this more than Pentium owners. Unfortunately there is no obvious alternative from a programming point of view. If you do have a spare PC that can be utilised to run RC4 then that would resolve the problem.I'm sorry I can't give you a more positive reply.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

>Hi Ian,>Athlon owners seem to suffer with this more than Pentium>owners. Unfortunately there is no obvious alternative from a>programming point of view. If you do have a spare PC that can>be utilised to run RC4 then that would resolve the problem.Hi Ray,No I don't have either a spare PC (nor the space for one!) However, I have made a "slight" improvement by turning off the pre-recorded chatter. (I must admit I was getting tired of hearing a female London controller ask a pilot to hold at Tower Bridge as she was busy bringing someone in to London City!)I mention this in case someone else finds it helpful. It hasn't banished the stutters completely but there is more "fluidity" in the sim generally.RegardsIain

Well, I found my cure from when I had those problems.....I purchased an AMD FX-60 with dual core, dual Video Cards (Geforse 7800 GTX 512mb, 4 gigs of ram....The problems are solved!!!Paul

>Athlon owners seem to suffer with this more than Pentium>owners. Unfortunately there is no obvious alternative from a>programming point of view. If you do have a spare PC that can>be utilised to run RC4 then that would resolve the problem.>Hi again Ray,Further on this, it was suggested earlier in the thread that moving RC to another HD might help. My machine has a second HD. Rather than risking dabbling in the register, if I uninstall and re-install to my second HD will I need another key? If not then it's a dead easy & quick thing to do.RegardsIain