Sign in to follow this  
stigt

Trying to get RC4 running via WideFS

Hi all, I am trying to get RC4 running via my laptop, which has the WideFS client ont it. Activesky is running normally via wideFS, so my network settings are not the problem. After installing RC4 on my WideFS machine, and trying to rebuild the database, as instructed in the manual, I never get the question"is this a wideFS configuration".I don't have FS 2004 installed on my laptop, only on my main FS computer. can this be the problem?Thanks for any help,Arjen Nederstigt

Arjen Nederstigt

System:

Intel Skylake Core i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme / Kingston 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz, CL15

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 

>I don't have FS 2004 installed on my laptop, only on my main>FS computer. can this be the problem?HiThe only thing i can tell you is that it's not a problem if FS isn't installed on your laptop. I use RC4 with wide FS and FS is not installed on the computer running RC4.But sorry, i can't really help you because RC4 asked me if it's a widefs configuration.Vincent

Arjen, how did you set the network path to the FS intallation? I think it needs to be in the format of maincomputernameC:FlightsimFS9 or whatever path you have to the main FS9 folder.

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Hi Arjen,I'm guessing that something has installed a registry entry for the Flight Simulator Path on your widefs machine which looks like a local drive to RC.On my widefs machine there is a registry entry for the Flight Simulator exe pointing to the network path:BigdellFlight Simulator 9with this entry RC recognises the widefs setup.If I use a registry entry to a mapped drive such as:Y:Flight Simulator 9RC does not recognise it as a widefs setup.If you are happy using regedit take a look in the registry of your widefs machine and see if there is an entry in the registryHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoft GamesFlight SimulatorIs any version of FS listed with an exe path which looks like a local drive?All the best,John

Thanks John, that did the trick. It appeared that I had indeed a registry entry for FS9. I used to have FS9 installed on my laptop some time ago, it must haven been left in the registry after uninstallation. Right now RC 4 works via WideFs. Is there a way to make the sound files play on my main computer or is this not possible?Regards,Arjen

Arjen Nederstigt

System:

Intel Skylake Core i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme / Kingston 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz, CL15

you can buy a cheap audio cable, run the audio out from the rc machine to the audio in of the fs machine. then rc sounds will come out the fs machine.or you can do vice versa, and have the fs sounds come out of the rc machinejd

Thanks, that last one was a good tip. I just connected the two, and all is running as I want it now. Thanks all for your help.Regards,Arjen Nederstigt

Arjen Nederstigt

System: