Sign in to follow this  
Guest macman4

Advdisplay?

Guest macman4

What is the Alternative to using Advdisplay? I just can't get my panels to work right with this program.Nothing seems to work for me. Thanks, Bob

I not 100% sure, but I don't think there is an alternative. AdvDisp is a pretty benign program so it is surprising you are having problems. Do you have the latest version of FSUIPC?

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

Well i have some problems with advdisp too : i used to place some gauges (overhead panel, FMC, ...) on a second monitor (is this word correct as a synonym of screen ?)...with advdisp i just can't because when i press a key to have interaction with RC4, nothing happen...if i only place advdisp on the second screen or if i place it on the main screen, everything is ok... so now, advdisp is all alone on the second screen... no more FMC or anything else there.I have to make more tests to try to find a solution, hope i'll find it :)

fs needs the focus, for the keystrokes to register. if advdisp has the focus, fs will never see the keystroke, fsuipc won't see it, and i won't see itjd

AdvDisp should probably be in undocked mode to use on a second monitor. It will not accept commands until you click on it once to make it active. Then, you have to click back on FS9 to make it active again to use FMC, etc.

>AdvDisp should probably be in undocked mode to use on a>second monitor. It will not accept commands until you click on>it once to make it active. Then, you have to click back on>FS9 to make it active again to use FMC, etc.This is just my opinion but this aspect of click back is annoyng for me, it should be intagrate as it is the FS9 ATC and in the same transparency window.Muove the Advdisplay on the screen to get access on all switch through panels is not confortable.Hope you will find a way to solve this issue or give another option :)Fabrizio

If AdvDisp is in the DOCKED state, and completely within your 2D panel, it should work without having to "focus" it by clicking within the box. Make sure you have "multiline" checked within the AdvDisp options.If you are using it in the UNDOCKED state on a second monitor, then you must "focus" it by clicking in it once before issuing commands. I think any window in any applicaton on a second monitor needs to be "in focus" before you can use it.Maybe you could post a screenshot of how AdvDisp appears when you have it placed in a 2D panel.The RC4 is very good on technical support so you should try to contact jd on this if you continue to have problems.You could also refer to Pete Dowson's forum at his website -- perhaps there is an answer or clue there.

>If AdvDisp is in the DOCKED state, and completely within your>2D panel, it should work without having to "focus" it by>clicking within the box. Make sure you have "multiline">checked within the AdvDisp options.>>If you are using it in the UNDOCKED state on a second monitor,>then you must "focus" it by clicking in it once before issuing>commands. I think any window in any applicaton on a second>monitor needs to be "in focus" before you can use it.>>Maybe you could post a screenshot of how AdvDisp appears when>you have it placed in a 2D panel.>>The RC4 is very good on technical support so you should try to>contact jd on this if you continue to have problems.>>You could also refer to Pete Dowson's forum at his website -->perhaps there is an answer or clue there.I suffer of daley on reponse from the RC4 Atc, so have to clik back is make more uncertain if the command as been accept any way i try to use always your suggestion like in this picture: 7678hh.th.jpgThe strange things is the use of default transparency window for Atc message It's show the command from the begenning instead of the last one ordered from the atc.That maybe confuse a little bit and also it crop text on strange way instead of group the number.An example is FL 250 you got FL 2 next page 50.I found this software really intresting and helpfull for my fun, but there is this delay on answer and this adv.... wich i don't find perfect.just my thought in any case thank's for you help. :).

Guest RickT

The picture is so small I can't really make it out to well. But it looks like you are using Flt Sim's internal viewer not Adv Display.In Flight simulator please click on the Modules menu item. A menu will drop down. Please click on Adv Display. Adv Display should appear in the top left corner of your screen. From here you can move and size it to your liking. For a detailed explaination of Adv Display please refer to page 133 of the RCv4 manual as well as the Quick Start Guide on page 21.

Thanks for the picture. You are NOT using AdvDisp. You should have two files in your FS9 "Modules" folder; AdvDisp.dll and AdvDisp.ini. Make sure they are installed. If not, reinstall AdvDisp.Once you start FS9, press the ALT key which will give you a menu across the top of the screen. Click on the "Modules" menu; a drop-down menu will appear; then click on AdvDisp. AdvDisp will appear as new window. You can then resize it and reposition it to any place on your 2D panel. You can also right-click on the AdvDisp window to select various options. Make sure "multiline" is checked.Good luck.

Bob,Did you get AdvDisp to work properly?

Guest cirurgiao

I know that a 2nd monitor is not a networked pc. Some questions:I'd like to know if I can place RCv4 with FSMeteo in this 2nd pc?I know that I'll have to get WideFS and place its dll at FS9 modules folder with FSUIPC. Do I place a copy of FSUIPC into this networked pc too or it stay at the original FS9 modules folder?ThanksEduardo

Guest macman4

Not really, But it could be the the aircraft that I'm using. Right now I've exclusively been using the Eaglesoft Citation II and Fokker 100( had a ward drive go, and had to re install everything. Its the only aircraft's I installed) I get alot of panel flickering. Like if I open a sub panel then close it, and then run my mouse over the Advdisplay i get the sub panel open and close for a split second. i hope this makes sense. Is hard to explain. I'll have to try it in a default aircraft and see if its any better. Anyhow thanks for asking. I'll listen to any suggestions. Thanks again, Bob

Hi Eduardo,You keep FSUIPC where it is, in the modules folder.Instructions on how to use widefs are included with the program.RCv4 and FSMeteo can then be installed on the second PC and both will work from the second PC.All the best,John

Guest stockerharris

Bob,I thought you might like to consider the following thread from Peter Dowson's forum"In the next version of FSUIPC (for which there will be an advanced interim release here, in the Announcements above), you won't need AdvDisplay at all if you prefer the FS-type translucent windows. FSUIPC will support a new Window especially suitable for RC4 directly."Maybe the Radar Contact team would care to comment.David.