Sign in to follow this  
Guest Grommit

New User & new install on WideFS

Guest Grommit

Hi All,I'm after a little help.I have just installed RC4 after recieving my key earlier today. All went well and after running the makerwy file on the FS9 pc the file was imported and processed by RC4 on the WideFS client.I setup at KDSM for the first tutorial and ran up RC4 on the client pc with FS9 up and running ready to go.Following the steps in the tutorial I tried to import the PLN file which gives me a Runtime Error 7 - out of memory?The plan resides on the FS pc in the normal folder.....Any ideas would be most welcome as I am scratching the sawdust here for why this is happening?Best RegardsTony

Guest Grommit

Just a small update if this helps at all.When you browse for the flightplan file the intial location address in the window is this :F:jdekkerDocumentsFlight Simulator Filesfsgt_KRKD-KLKP@250The correct networked folder path is open (ajp5C:....etc) and the correct FS9 pln files avaiable but why would this be the file it is searching for? and notice the address line. I have tried a re-install but still the same.When you select the correct pln file to open the s/w bombs with the run-time 7 out of memory error.I suspect I jave a corrupt file/cfg somewhere with old dtat fro JD's F: drive?

Guest Grommit

Forums are a wonderfull place..... :-)After a lot of reading and searching the problem "run time error 7" is now solved thanks to Rick's postings on various errors regarding the regsvr32 msstdfmt.dll I had the dll on the widefs client but it was not registered correctly leading to the error as soon as I tried to load any pln file into RC4.01Maybe an addition for the FAQ's?....the widefs setup and file sharing was fine here as its a long standing network but this error really got me thinking there must be a problem with my setup.I shall now go quietly away and get chewed out by some ATC.Best Regards to all

Hi Tony,I'm pleased to hear you managed to sort your problem out. I wasn't ignoring you but as I don't have RC4 installed on a separate PC I didn't have any expertise to assist.Watch out for Bill Stevens ;-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Grommit

Hi Ray,Thanks for your post :-)I'm sure no one was ignoring me, well maybe the wife, but that's perfectly normal!I'm glad I managed to find some of the early threads on the dll problems which pointed me in the right direction. The good thing about forums being kept complete so history can be traced.Just finished the first tutorial flight....never got busted and even a great job at the end!....I think I may enjoy this.;-)Pleased to report no problems on route, voices good and atc spot on.Regards to all

I have an old P3 266 Mhz machine I currently use basically for backing up data. Would this machine be sufficent to run RC4 and wide FS? Craig

Hi Craig,Yes, it will be fine. A separate sound card rather than a built in one is recommended.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks, I probably have and extra sound card laying around somewhere. Now just have to find it. Let me get this straight though...the RC4 sounds will eminate from the RC4 machine and FS from the FS machine? I will see the RC4 window on the FS machine? I don't own Wideserver but if it's possible to run the updated RC4 from one machine without the stutters I now get (I reverted back to the original) then I will give it a shot. Craig

Hi Craig,<Yes.<You won't need AdvDisp. Instead, run ShowText on your RC4 machine which is bundled with FSUIPC. That will display RC4 info.You will still press keys on the FS machine to communicate with RC4. All the instructions on a WideFS installation are in the manual. Comeback if you need any help.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather