Sign in to follow this  
clements

RC4 ATC Volume or ATC log?

Is there some way to turn up the volume of the RC4 ATC? I can hear "my" voice fine. I can hear other sounds in the cockpit but the RC4 controllers seem to be pretty quiet. I really struggle to hear them.Also, and a long the same lines, is there a log-type function that allows me to reference back to what ATC has assigned me? For example, I'm departing KMDW, cleared to fly runway heading to 6,000 ft. Then I'm told to turn left to *whisper*whisper*whisper*. How do I know what I've just been asigned?Love the product. Not complaining...really.Bob

turn off pilot auto reply, and then you will have to ack every clearance. if you didn't hear it, you can ask for it to be repeated.the difference in sound is strange. maybe ray can comment on it, but all controllers and pilots are approximately at the same level. maybe there is one bad controller that you're having difficulty. if so, deselect him on the voices pagejd

Hi Bob,<>Can you let me know which voice sets you find difficult to hear and I'll have a listen?Sometimes it can be difficult to hear the voices over some engines so I just reduce the engine and environment levels in FS and find that helps quite a bit.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest tmanaon

jd,I've gotta say, the volume issue is not particular to one or two controllers. I have posted this issue in the past (in February i think). The volume of the controllers is really low ...like clement says it is "whisper".."whisper". Sometimes, i have to put my ear right up to the speaker and then guess what the controller said. That is the major problem i have with the product (and the hit on my frame rates although i'm not sure whether the culprit is RC4 or Activesky - i bought and started using both at the same time).Anthony

Hi Anthony,The frame rate hit is probably AS - RC4 has no measurable hit.As RC4 voice volumes are fixed and FS9 ones are adjustable I suggest you lower the sounds in FS9 which will allow you to hear RC4 easier.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather