Sign in to follow this  
Guest rubberball

Just a quick question

Guest rubberball

Hello fellow simmers.I have just been round to a friends house who has just purchased this great looking add-on and he told me that it took him over 3 hours to install it...i have another friend i talk to online who also said it took him 1.40 mins...how come this is taking so long to install on some machines ..? my friend who said it took over 3 hours has got what i would call a fast pc too.It is an Atlon 3200+XP with 1Gb of DDR400 Memory and a 256mb ATI Radion sapphire. and a very fast hard drive 7200rpm.This is in no way putting me off buying it i just thought id ask the question..?It did do the job in selling it to me after that demo..The only thing i can take from this is that i have spent loads of money on this wonderfull hobby and after loading numerous add-ons that look and sound good on the box only take 2-3 mins installing...so the long time it takes this can only mean that it contains alot of data which means it must change alot in the sim itself...and it does..BIG TIME!Wheres my money!Cheers Paul

it takes a while to uncompress 1.4+ gb of filescould be a fragmented disk. it could be a slow cd. it could be any number of thingskeep in mind, i don't touch the sim, only install fsuipc and advdisp. the rest all goes in it's own directoryjd

Guest astemland

hey.I have also "almostthe same pc config" not all same, but mstly, and it took me 10 minutes to install it ;)very odd that it took 3 hours to install..ciaoAnders :)

Hi Paul,<>I wonder how much free space there is on that drive and when it was last defragmented. My install didn't take anything like that length of time.I would always recommend that you defragment your hard drive before installing RC4. There are over 70,000 wav files to install but provided there's plenty of contiguous space available it shouldn't take longer than 30-40 mins if that.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest rubberball

Thankyou everyone and i will let you guys know how long it takes me...so is it on a DVD only...how come there 1.4gb of data...or is it availble on cd and it uncompresses itslef to 1.4gb..?Cheers anyway. Paul uk