Sign in to follow this  
KennyG

Real Time Flight Plans

Hi fellow Simmers:Just thought I would mention how I receive current flight plans being used by airlines under the control of the FAA..The first step is to go to www.flightaware.com.This is a radar tracking, site which tracks all aircraft under the control of the FAA.To have the site display all flights in real time at your location simply type in that airport identifier and all the arrivals and departures will be displayed.I then check and see what destinations tickle my fancy, I then select that particular one.This opens up another page where the you can see the actual flight plan that is being used to reach the selected destination.Just copy the destination, close out of Flightaware and paste the plan into FS. Build.Click onto the build button and that builds your flight plan using the navigational points used by the Airliner you selected.After FS Build generates the flight plan it is copied into my FSNav program,.which I copy into Radar Contact..I realize this is a rather lengthy post, but to build the plan from start to finish only takes about one or two minutes.Good LuckKenny G.

why the fsnav step? fsbuild saves flight plans into .pln format suitable for loading into fs and into rcjd

Guest astemland

heyjust to add a thingit does not cover Europe.is there anything similar who have europe too?thxAnders

>why the fsnav step? fsbuild saves flight plans into .pln>format suitable for loading into fs and into rc>>jdYes J.D you are correct, but I use FSNav to check position of aircraft in relation to waypoints, and approach to the active runway.Kenny G.