Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

Engine Speed

I am new to FS2002 having used FS2000 for a while and glad i went and upgraded because the realism is much better. Now my question I really like the Cessna Caravan on floats. the only thing is that i found the engine seems to run too fast at idle, taxi speed is fast and I cant slow the engine with the throttle alway back.I am using the Microsoft Sidewinder. also the brakes seem not to be able to stop the plane as well as the other planes . I have not installed ant 3rd party planes yet so all of the planes are what came with FS 2002 Pro . has anyone else had this problem

I'd suggest downloading the latest version of FSUIPC. Among other things, it allows to calibrate joysticks/yokes/throttles. And in the case of turboprops, it allows for an "idle" zone and even reverse thrust. Once I got the hang of it, it's never failed me...Rick

As a simple measure, hit the F1 key. At least it works on other turbo-props.