Sign in to follow this  
Guest wtsapchy

Freezing AI aircraft

Guest wtsapchy

Hi Ray,I have had successful flights with RC4 when there were no AI birds stuck in front of me. I've searched the Forum and apparently some other guys did occasionally come across this problem.I'll deinstall and reinstall and let you know if this solves the problem.RegardsDanielVHHH

Hi Daniel,There are differences but as my trig is non-existent I wouldn't know how much they are in feet. I might paste those values into my r4.csv and see if I can reproduce the problem.Thnaks.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Daniel,<>Thanks. This 8 hour time difference isn't helping :-(

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Daniel,Just to let you know that I pasted your LIRF data into my r4.csv and it didn't cause any problems with Ai aircraft departing or with my take-off clearance.Once you've reinstalled we'll take it from there.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

There is one more thing to check, which would be helpful to us for troubleshooting the problem. We used this little marker extensivly while testing.When the AI in front of you has been holding, and a landing AI has landed and moved off the runway, do you see the frozen AI "jump" for a split second? Like he hiccuped? He will continue to be frozen and stay where he is, but that little "bump" could hold some answers.Look out for the hiccup, and let us know if you notice it while you wait for him to move.Subs

i've been looking at some logs.what add-on scenery are you running? the runway widths are all messed up.for LIRF they should be 7 148 16L 197 16R 197 16C 148 25 148 34L 197 34R 197 34C 148yours are 7 450 16L 480 16R 500 25 450 34L 500 34R 480you're even missing two runways.why is this important? i use the runway width to determine when to freeze/unfreeze planes. it also appear to rc that you are on the runway, when you really aren't.disable your "wide" runway scenery files, and try it again. same for anyone else having frozen ai problems. it's probably your scenery.jd

Hi JD,I'm glad you've analysed the logs. Daniel and I are both using the freeware LIRF scenery and although he gets the freezing Ai I don't. Yes, the runways are very wide but why wouldn't I also suffer the same problem? Possibly because I hold further back than him?I don't think 16C/34C is used any more hence the lack of an entry.I'm at work at the moment but will be home in a couple of hours. If you want me to produce a log just say the word. the comparison might me interesting.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

yeah, burgess caught me up with the going's on, and told me you used the same r4.csv file, and couldn't duplicate the problem.maybe it is what pete dowson thought of, the plane has a negative altitude, and i'm not seeing the ai any more.don't know. it sure sounds like a scenery issue, which i'm not handling well. but the wide runways could/will cause problems i would think ongoing.....jd

Guest wtsapchy

Hi JD,Thanks for all your help. I used the freeware scenery from ISD. I'll delete the area in scenery.cfg and see if it makes any difference. But have you looked at the log on KJFK to KBOS that I sent Ray ? It happened in default scenery, too. Besides, Ray encountered no problem using the LIRF figures I sent him. Well, right before I shall deinstall and reinstall RCv4, I did a couple more flights today :1.Clean flight from KJFK to KBOSNo RCv4, no FS ATC running. Just follow AI birds to runway holding point. Normal take off.2.FS ATC flight from KJFK to KBOSUse default FS flightplanner to load the same flight plan I sent Ray. Start flight using FS ATC. Follow AI birds to holding point. Normal take off.3.Same flight using RCv3.1Load the same flightplan and start RC flight using RCv3.1. Follow AI birds to holding point. Normal take off. Great flight !The freezing occurred only when RCv4 was running and my plane was following closely another AI birds to holding point. They won't freeze if my plane was reasonably far away from them. When they freeze, they freeze either at holding point or after lining up runway. These are the only two locations that I find they will freeze, not along the taxiway and the runway. I could reproduce the problem a hundred more times and send you a hundred more debugged logs. I attempted to record a video on that by using default FS video but somehow it failed to record the RC advdisp text and the AI birds and so I gave up. Is there any way I could make you all see this so you are convinced that it is NOT scenery related ? Please name any freewares that I could make use of to record that. I really wish you all see this. Default planes or addon, default scenery or whatever, RCv4 flight, following AI bird closely, freezing at the holding point or runway threshold. This is a 100% sure to me. No exception so far !Ray have had a few debugged logs from me. Does the log record any frozen AI birds around me ? I didn't complete the whole flight so RC would not generate a large file for you to look at. I quitted RC right after the freezing and so the clues might lie somewhere near the end of the log. Hope this help ! Thanks for all your hardwork !DanielVHHH

if you change your scenery, rebuild the scenery database, or you'll still be using the wide runways.1) if rc isn't running, there is nothing controlling the ai, but ms.2) same as 1)3) v3.1 doesn't not control aii know rcv4 is freezing the planes. and i should be unfreezing them. but something on your machine, is different than others.pete is going to have a new fsuipc in the next few days, which may resolve some of these issues. it might be worth waiting for it, to see if the problems are resolved with it.jd

Daniel,I've just received the new FSUIPC from Pete. Are you a registered user? If so I'll send it privately so you can try it out at LIRF. I'll be trying further tests of my own later this evening.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest wtsapchy

Hi Ray,I'm a registered user of FSUIPC and WideFS. What setting should I make in FSUIPC ?DanielVHHH

Hi Daniel,That's interesting. Up to now I assumed you've been using a single computer. Do you run RC4 on a separate PC to FS9?I'll send you a new version of FSUIPC privately with instructions.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest wtsapchy

Hi Ray,I run RC in WideFS PC, separated from FS9 PC. It's 3 a.m. local and I'm too tired to try anything now. Please send me the file and I'll try it in the morning.DanielVHHH

Hi Daniel,File sent. Please check your pb. Please also confirm my questions regarding your WideFS installation of RC4. I run it on the same PC as FS9 which could be a significant difference.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather