Sign in to follow this  
Guest wtsapchy

Freezing AI aircraft

Guest wtsapchy

Hi Ray,I just sent you two zip files containing the relevant screenhshots, flightplan and the debugged logs. The logs were debugged before the flightplan was loaded. They are the same flight from LIRF to LOWW. I turned on TrafficLook this time and made a detailed record of the status of AI aircrafts around me. Here's what I found :In flight 1, I was behind a KingAir N984 and an Alitalia. I had already tuned to Tower frequency 119.3 and as usual waited near holding point, dead silent. N984 had already lined up in 34L and, as recorded in TrafficLook, was in T/off1 state, com 1 at 118.7. The Alitalia was the second AI bird and in TaxiOut state, com 1 at 118.7, too. I, the user, as recorded in TrafficLook, had com 1 tuned to 119.3 which was the exact frequency Tower gave me.In flight 2, I was behind Virgin Ex 5870 which hold short of 34L. As recorded by TrafficTool, it was in T/off1 state, com 1 at 118.7. I was tuned to Tower 119.3. Several Alitalia AI birds were behind me, all in TaxiOut state, com 1 at 121.9.Well, shouldn't the T/off1 state AI birds be tuned to the same Tower frequency 119.3 as mine ? So, were they not frozen but simply deafened ?As to the FSUIPC you sent me, I tried and had sent you a private email about it.RegardDanielVHHH

Hi Daniel,Thanks for the logs and pictures. I've forwarded them to our experts for analysis. Hopefully they'll come up with the answers.One thing for you to check please. If you can watch the Ai aircraft as they're cleared to 'line up and wait'. Do they jump very slightly at that point? We're trying to establish if they're unlocked but then immediately locked again.You'll need to look carefully but that would be very useful info that the log can't record.Thanks.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest wtsapchy

Hi Ray,I'll take a look tonight.Daniel

Guest wtsapchy

Hi Ray,I started the same flight and followed one 737 and 777. Stucked by the 737 which stopped at runway threshold and did not take off. I watched for a few minutes. The wheels stuck right on the tarmac. I did not see jumping or any movement.RegardDaniel

Hi Daniel,<>Were the wheels stuck in the tarmac? Was the whole of the wheel visible? That could be significant. Have you managed to get the version of FSUIPC I sent you working?More later...Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest wtsapchy

Hi Ray,I take a screenshot on the wheels. I can't get my WideFS connected via your FSUIPC.RegardDaniel

Hi Daniel,All you needed to do was to drop that supplied FSUIPC.DLL into your MODULES folder. No need to move the INI at all. You may have deregistered WideFS as a result.Can you send me your WideServer and WideClient logs please asap.No need for the screenshots - it's been established that your wheels are not embedded in the runway. But, we do need you to get that special version of FSUIPC running.Thanks.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest wtsapchy

Hi Ray,I just sent you the logs. Apart from the wideClient.log and wideServer.log, there were also a wideClient0.log and a wideServer0.log in the folders. I have no idea which are which and so I sent you all. I'll drop your FSUIPC into FS9 modules today and try again.RegardDaniel

Guest wtsapchy

Hi Ray,I tried a flight with your FSUIPC. WideFS can be connected. Same flight from LIRF. Still got stuck by a 737 at runway threshold. Another zip file containing everything was sent to you.RegardDanielVHHH

Hi Daniel,Thanks for the new logs. I'll forward them to our resident experts.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

please turn on ai chatter, and let me know what happens.interact with ai should be checked, and so should ai chatterjd

Guest wtsapchy

Hi JD, Ray and Beta Team,You got it !!!! It's AI chatter !!! Why would nobody tell me about it ? Why would turning on AI chatter would make the whole world different ? I had 'Interact with AI' turned on all the time but I never turned on AI chatter. ******* Christ, the manual never said turning on AI chatter was a must !! I tried the LIRF flight again. Switching off AI chatter, got stuck. Then, I turned on AI chatter. Tower immediately gave clearance to the stuck birds and then they took off. That AI chatter was really the cause !!Thanks for all your hardwork !! Your support is the best I've ever seen. I would always support your next product !!!!RegardDanielVHHH

Hi Daniel,<Because it wasn't obvious to my untrained eye that you had switched it off. I'm not sure why you would want to do that as it's an integral part of RC.Anyway, we're all pleased that your problem is now resolved. Enjoy RC4 and thanks for the appreciation of our support. We never like to leave anyone with a unresolved problem.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

good.it was something we found long ago, i thought i made sure you couldn't disable ai chatter if interact with ai was clicked. obviously it snuck through, and no one saw it wasn't fixed.you're the first person i know, that has ever turned off ai chatter. i'm just curious why you would disable it?jd

jd and the rest of you guys,This was a very interesting discussion that I followed from beginning to end. Thank you for doing this in public.

Roger

See my specs in my profile