Sign in to follow this  
Guest wtsapchy

Freezing AI aircraft

Guest wtsapchy

Hi JD and Ray,I turned off AI chatter because I found the chatter noise really interferring me and my FO while we were reading all those checklists, performing preflight briefing, etc. If you had FS2Crew running in your aircrafts, you would find the AI chatter especially annoying because you have to do a lot of non-stop communication with your FO, ground crew, FA, etc. Sometimes, these RC chatter just occurred in the middle of your conversation and, once started, they seemed never stop. If this is the case in real life, I must admit I would never be a good pilot. Besides, my FS Flightkeeper which ran together with RC had some built in ambient chatter. So, in my case, I have had enough background chatter and so I turned off RC chatter. It just never occurred to me that it would be such a fatal error. The manual said you have the 'Option' to turn on that or turn off that....... By means 'Option', it is not a must. Right ? If it's that important for normal RC functioning, well, wouldn't it be wiser to make it Default On instead of showing a check box to allow checking or unchecking ? Just some opinion, I never install the pre-recorded chatter, too. I think RC is good enough to need those chatter. And if we need chatter, there are plenty to download, free of charge. Anyway, thanks for your great help !!!!RegardDanielVHHH

Hi Daniel,All those packages outputting chatter! You need to prioritise what's important to you but now that you know not to turn off Ai chatter you should be able to workaround the others.Let's face it. RC4 is meant to replicate the environment of a real flight-deck. Woe betide any pilot who switches off his comms so he can hear what his First Officer has to say :-)Once JD is programming again he may decide not to make switching Ai chatter off an option. For now you MUST keep it enabled but I'm sure you understand that.It's absolutely fine to not run pre-recorded chatter. That was done to bring more life to earlier versions of RC. With Ai packages like Ultimate Traffic there's plenty of 'real' chatter not to need any other. BTW, the only repetitive chatter is the ATIS broadcast which is designed to be broadcast continuously. Once you're heard it then retune COM1. All other comms are with actual Ai aircraft and are part of the RC environment.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Douglas Thompson

>>Woe betide any pilot who switches off his comms so he can hear what his First Officer has to say<

Guest cirurgiao

Me tooNot only a very interesting discussion but a big satisfaction that buying RC wasn't just a small thing, that its developers and beta team ARE REALLY WITH US ALL THE WAY.thanks everyone of you.It really makes me proud to be in this forumEduardo

Hi Ray, I am sure I can duplicate the problem. Every time there is an AI aircraft in front of me, I will be indefinitely held up by this plane freezing at the runway entrance point. I have just tried a flight from KBOS to KJFK and held up for about 20 mins near entrance to runway 33L until I quit RC. I watched 4 planes landing at runway 33L. Each landing is separated by about 5 mins. There's plenty of time for tower to clear the AI aircraft in front of me to take off. I'll send the log to JD and report back here. DanielVHHH
Im just wondering, why is everyone using 1 runway for takeoffs AND landings for ai traffic? Especially at an airport like JFK with multiple long runways? And why use all these stupid "ai smooth" programs? This is what I do and I get the best results like this. In the afcad file set 1 runway as the "takeoff only" runway (check off "closed for landing" on both ends of the runway). For the other 3 runways set them as "landing only" runways (check off "closed for takeoff" on all the other runways). Now you have aircraft landing at 3 different runways to prevent congestion, and I have about 50 planes landing per hour at JFK and about 2 go-arounds per hour. Having all the planes takeoff at 1 runway is not a problem because takeoffs go quick and smoothly when theres no landing aircraft interrupting (theyre all using the other 3 runways). Also, when a taxiway crosses over a runway, take away the blue intersection node connecting the taxiway and runway and take away the hold short node from the side the aircraft is coming from, just have the taxiway go over the runway rather than intersect it so now taxiing ai aircraft dont hold if other aircraft are taking off or landing, this is a MUST because taxiing aircraft will hold short there until they disappear, and it doesnt even make sense to hold short for a landing aircraft 8 miles away when it only takes 2 seconds to cross the runway.