Sign in to follow this  
Guest saywhuut

Turbulence

Guest saywhuut

Hello,I just have a quick question..How come i don't run into situations with realistic turbulence? i mean i know ive flown through some situations in clouds where my 767 shoulda at least been movin around a bit..i know its a heavy so it wont be a huuuge notice..should i just up the strength a bit?Stephen

Hi Stephen,Radar Contact is not currently able to recognise turbulence although you do have the option during most of your flight to request higher or lower to avoid it.You can also request lateral deviations for weather but depending on the distance to the next waypoint you may be refused. Just something that might be added to a future version of RC. Only JD can confirm that.As far as increasing turbulence is concerned then of course increase it if you so choose but that would be via your chosen weather program of course - the RC interface has no such option.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

How does the Wx and Turb deviation work exactly? I've used the Turb feature and it seems to just allow for vertical play in altitude. Is there a limit and is the Turb deviation only for vertical movement?How about the Wx one? I know about the distance to waypoint preventing or allow it, but how far off course can you go?

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

>Hello,>I just have a quick question..How come i don't run into>situations with realistic turbulence? i mean i know ive flown>through some situations in clouds where my 767 shoulda at>least been movin around a bit..i know its a heavy so it wont>be a huuuge notice..should i just up the strength a bit?>>>StephenStephen, Active Sky 6 has a option to induce turbulence if you have it or are interesting in getting a better weather program.As far as strength goes, open your FS9.CFG file and edit the turbulence scale.Here's where the FS9.cfg file is located, except your username would be different than Chris ;)C:Documents and SettingsChrisApplication DataMicrosoftFS9It's a hidden file too, so you'll need to go to folder options and view, then look for the Show Hidden Files and Folders option and check the appropriate one.Edit this line: TurbulenceScale=2.000000By default it's set at 1.000000Increasing the number will increase the intensity. 4 would probably be as high as you'd want to go. It'll do a GA plane in too, so keep that in mind.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Hi Chris,<According to the manual you can request deviations left and right of course for weather and altitude deviations for turbulence. Wx deviations within 25 miles of a waypoint will be refused. Search the manual using 'deviation' for all the info.I guess you will be given a heading change for wx and mustn't exceed it otherwise you'll incur the wrath of Khan AKA Bill Stevens ;-)Feeling brave and adventurous? ;-)

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather