Sign in to follow this  
Guest davaz

Basic Help Needed

Guest davaz

I am a new RCV4 user and need some very basic help.I have RCV4 installed on a laptop which is networked into my FS9 PC via WideFS and FSUIPC. The link seems to be happening OK. I am flying the LD767.I start RCV4 and load in the first tutorial(KDSM to KORD). The first screen gives me the choice between CD and the ATIS briefing. I choose the ATIS briefing and I get it over and over and over

Guest RickT

Hi Dave,On which machine are you entering the keystrokes?You need to be entering the keystrokes on the FS machine using the number keys across the top of the keyboard not the keypad.I'd like you to send two files to help@jdtllc.com. 1. On the FS machine you will find a file called WideServer.log in the folder you have wideserver installed.2. On the client machine you will find a file called WideClient.log in the folder you have wideclient installed.Please zip up these two files and send them to the address I specified above. Please describe your problem as you did here.Another possibility is Flight Simulator may be losing focus. If it seems to be stuck again try hoovering your mouse cursor anywhere on the screen except over Adv Display and click the left mouse button. See if RC will respond by hitting the appropriate key across the top of the keyboard.

Guest davaz

Rick --thanks for the reply. Yes, I am entering the keystrokes in the correct place. Will try what you suggested re the mouse and will send the log files as suggested.RegardsDave

Guest RickT

Hi Dave,You probably should include both your wideclient.ini and wideserver.ini files along with the logs I requested.

Guest Captain Dad

Dave:Not to sound sarcastic, but you need to read the manual, familiarize yourself with RCV4 better and keep things simpler. I don't use wideclient or multiple screen setups.I have had some minor problems with RC's updates over the years, (because I am a Neanderthal on the PC) but this is a very well thought-out addition to FS9 and I've enjoyed relaxing after work for years now without a hitch.The program works and works well: Other than JD getting his panties all scrunched up over people flying all over "HIS" sky without permission!:-spam1 Captain Dad

Guest Captain Dad

OOpps,I meant Doug Thompson getting HIS panties scrunched up.:-bang Captain Dad

Guest Douglas Thompson

Panties?! I'll have you know, it's BOXERs only here:-lol

Guest davaz

>Dave:>>Not to sound sarcastic, but you need to read the manual,>familiarize yourself with RCV4 better and keep things simpler.>I don't use wideclient or multiple screen setups.>>Captain DadNot to be sarcastic in return but I HAVE read the manual and tell the truth am only interested in running the application on an outboard PC.davaz

Hi Dave,The phrase 'you have information delta' means that the controller you tell this to knows which atis message you have listened to so that they will know it is an up to date one!If you remain tuned to the atis frequency the atis will continue to play. You don't need to acknowledge the atis, just tune the delivery controller after listening to the atis.To keep things as simple as possible for now, open RC and go to the 'general' options page. Make sure the 'Pilot Autoreply' and 'Tune on Contact' boxes are checked.When you start the flight choose 'atis'. Listen to the atis and then choose the 'Delivery' option. Let us know if that works. We'll take it from there!All the best,John