Sign in to follow this  
Guest saywhuut

Vectoring AI traffic out of the way

Guest saywhuut

Hello,Got a quick question..whenever I'm final and this is especially if i declare a visual approach, but has happened with regular vectors as well..and there is an AI plane landing ahead of me..next thing i know it hes doing some type of missed approach but there is proper spacing and everything..its like hes getting vectored out of my way but doesnt need to. Is there no way that i can land behind AI so i'll hear like "UAL 497 you're number 2 cleared to land"? or will the AI always get vectored out of my way even if they dont need to?Regards,Stephen

Guest Douglas Thompson

JD would have to quote the specific parameters but I know if RC sees you and the AI as too close, or if there's an overtake of you catching the AI or AI catching you, we're going to move him.I hadn't noticed this; interesting. We may be able to tweak the conditions a bit. I'll list it...

Guest saywhuut

>JD would have to quote the specific parameters but I know if>RC sees you and the AI as too close, or if there's an overtake>of you catching the AI or AI catching you, we're going to move>him.>>I hadn't noticed this; interesting. We may be able to tweak>the conditions a bit. I'll list it...this happened again to me..so i'm wondering..is it possible to have a "string of pearls" with RC 4 and be in line to land or am i always going to be number one due to a/c being vectored away from me? stephen

Hi Stephen,Aircraft will be allowed to land in front of you if RC considers their is a good chance of them vacating the runway before it's your turn to land. This is clearly not an exact science, we tweaked it to get what seemed the best compromise between forcing ai out of their approach and you getting lots of go arounds at busy airports.One major feature in the 'decision' RC makes if whether traffic in front of you is slower than you (or traffic behind is faster). If they are it clearly increases the risk of a conflict. I don't know what you are flying but reducing your approach speed might give planes ahead of you a better chance of landing. Also using a utility like aismooth which tries to smooth out the traffic flow before the planes arrive on final might help.All the best,John