Sign in to follow this  
drdickie

FSUIPC 3.553 with AdvDisp replacement now available

Available at Peter Dowson's websitehttp://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlLook in the support forum under "New Interim Versions".I just completed a flawless flight using the new "FSUIPC Display" window instead of AdvDisp.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

Guest FlyDoc

Strange how a small part of the system can make a big difference - maybe coincidence? I loaded the new (Beta) FSUIPC and took off for a flight. I immediately realised that the lengthy delays I had been getting moving from one 'view' to another - anything up to five seconds or so - had stopped. I realise the delays had only started when I installed AVDisp to use with RC4. It also seemed to me that the general level of ATC activity increased, more of the AI were being called and instructed. And some strange behaviour of ATC and AI on the flight just before changing to FSUIPC Display, had stopped. Aircraft were simply taking off without permission, having been intructed to line up and wait. Now they behave !Has anyone else noticed beneficial effects like these?Brian

Guest KemoF15

Does the sequence of installation make a difference?Can I load FSUIPC first then RC4?Thanks.

FSUIPC.dll should be in your FS9 main directory "modules" folder and gets loaded automatically. Start FS9, then RC4, and the FSUIPC window should come up automatically. If not, select the "Modules" option in the FS9 menu (top of screen after pressing ALT), then select "FSUIPC" and make sure the "FSUIPC multiline display window" box (on the "Register and About" tab page) is checked. You should get a window titled "FSUIPC Display" that can be moved, resized, etc. There are only two font color choices, red or white. Red is default. To get white, edit the FSUIPC.ini file line "Whitemessages=Yes".

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

Guest buffedub

Is a registered copy of FSUIPC needed to make this work??RegardsRoger

Guest KemoF15

Very simple and so much better!...is it possible to dock the transparent window...I flew with it already and couldn't figure out how to dock it. Also, is it possible to make the window go away and only appear when ATC is transmitting to you? (like the default FS9 box?)If you close the window, it comes back in a few seconds.Thanks in advance.KemoF15

with the registered copy of fsuipc, you can set a hotkey to toggle the display on and off. that is what i do. i even use the ` key to turn it off and on.for you, when you close it, it comes back when i update the distance or heading to the next checkpoint.i haven't had a lot of experience with it yet, i've had a number of things to keep me busy around the home front, and haven't flown in about 5 weeksjd

"and haven't flown in about 5 weeks"Not suprised there JD, the amount of time you spend answering questions in here ;-) The more I use RC4 (and I use it all the time) the more I love it.... simply brilliant.:-beerchug Kevin

Guest cirurgiao

HiDo I delete Advdisp.dll and replace FSUIPC3.53 dll with FSUIPC3.553?Will the window where RC works open in the same way?Can I dock it?ThanksEduardo

EduardoIt was write in a precedent reply, anyway go to module folder delete advdip.dll and download from Peter Dowson forum the new version of FSUIPC3.553 and place in the same folder or overwrite with the old one.http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=54When you are on FS9 go to module and chose FSup.. and chek the box the display stuff sorry don't remeber now.To all, I think with this upgrade now things works really better and i don't see any more delay from before I would say "Thank you" to P. Dowson he really deserve it. :)On a another post I was already mention of the problem with ADdisp and FSUIPC show the diffrence on speed and flexibility.

I can't get the window to show, I check the option on the about+register page and when I go there again the option is unchecked.I don't have ADVdisp installed.Regards/

Guest cirurgiao

Hi, thanksI deleted Advdisplay.dll and extracted FSUIPC3.553.dll replacind old FSUIPC3.53 and it really worked! The only downside is the fact that I just don't know if it can be docked.It's terrific that we don't need to run FS9 then go to alt/modules/FSUIPC and activate it. It's enough to start RC and the FSUIPC window will open automatically. A splendid work by Peter Dowson in connection with RC.