Sign in to follow this  
Guest KemoF15

FS9 crashes when I minimize view

Guest KemoF15

I've followed the instructions quite carefully for the sequencing of loading Fs9 and RC4.01. 1) Load FS9/select flight planner and load appropriate flight plan (built from FSBuild 2.2)...full screen cockpit appears...ASv6 weather loads automatically2) Hit ALT key and go to view tab...uncheck full screen mode...FS9 collapses to a 5x5 box in the middle of my desktop...Fs9 still running3) Select RC4...load the same flight plan...start RC4...it minimizes automatically to taskbar...FS9 automatically pauses in the same 5x5 box...RC4 dialogue box (loaded with the new FSUIPC 3.553)appears and is working fine4) I go to the view tab in FS9 and recheck full screen mode and FS9 screen goes black but I can still hear jet noise etc.I've tried every iteration...it actually worked once but I can't remember the exact sequence!!!I've read other folks having similar issues of FS9 crashing when changing the view modes between FS9/RC4...I believe ATI video cards might be part of the issue...my previous computer had an X700 Pro ATI Radeon and had the same problem...is there a solution out there???Thanks!KemoF15AMD FX-60 dual core CPU/ATI Radeon x1900XTX 512MB video card/2GB ultra low latency DDR RAM/150GB Raptor hard drive 10,000RPM

Guest KemoF15

I also wanted to mention that the FS9 window resizing from maximize to minimize etc works just fine without RC4 in the loop...why can't RC4 load like ASv6???... load FIRST...then just minimize itself in the task bar...instead I'm left battleing this program ONCE AGAIN!!!Back to default ATC yet again!!!

as soon as rc has started, you can minimize it yourself, or maximize fs9 to the foreground.i'm not sure why rc is causing a problem for you.jd

i only run ati video cards, and i'm not seeing a problem. load everything up, click start. then minimize it, or make fs9 the foreground windowjd

Guest KemoF15

JDSorry for the frustration...I sorted it...simply hitting Alt/Tab sending full FS9 to background then RC4 startup...Alt/Tab again bring full FS9 back into view. Flew from Dublin to Paris with real world chatter...OUTSTANDING!KemoF15