Sign in to follow this  
Ralgh

Traffic conflict issues

What controls the cruise altitude of ai traffic. When cruising at 310 or 350 eastbound (RVSM) I constantly get traffic calls about westbound traffic at my altitude. I have also had several head on near mid air collisiions. Is RC setting their altitudes or another program. I also get a lot of resolution advisories from the TCAS. It is rare that I get more than one RA per year in real life. I get them all the time in FS.Third I though I read that RC was supposed to keep traffic away from me. I have had several conflicts with other traffic including an unintended formation approach into Cleveland.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

i am not setting their altitudes. i believe they are actually flying at 31,000 instead of FL310. i've always scratched my head at how/why they fly where they flyit's possible that the criteria on your tcas is different than the one i'm using. doug could probably elaborate them off the top of his head, or i could go spelunking through the codedoug was very cautious, and made sure i never said that i was guaranteeing separation. what i'm doing is an attempt to keep conflicts to a minimum. it is only a start. later versions will attempt to do even morejd

Guest mmcevilley

>What controls the cruise altitude of ai traffic. When>cruising at 310 or 350 eastbound (RVSM) I constantly get>traffic calls about westbound traffic at my altitude. I have>also had several head on near mid air collisiions. Is RC>setting their altitudes or another program. AI cruise altitudes are defined in the "traffic.bgl" file (i.e., the FS9 default AI traffic file), or whatever .bgl file you create using AI traffic generation tools.I use AITM and it provides the means to assign AI at cruise altitudes consistent with RVSM (or any other) rules.-michael