Sign in to follow this  
Guest 102301636

Wishlist

Guest 102301636

Hi folks,just a few things that came to mind that might be considered as included in the next big release (whenever that may be)When you take-off just prior to the tower instructing you to change to departure get them to say " airborne time , contact departure "Also on landing, " on the ground time , contact ground on "Also when start and push clearance is requested ensure that current QNH is given by clearance/ground as it may be diiferent to the ATIS at that time.thats all, thanksAlan

Guest Douglas Thompson

Pete,1 - >>When you take-off just prior to the tower instructing you to change to departure get them to say " airborne time , contact departure "<<2 - >>Also on landing, " on the ground time , contact ground on "<<3 - >>Also when start and push clearance is requested ensure thatcurrent QNH is given by clearance/ground as it may be diiferent to the ATIS at that time.<

Guest 102301636

1 and 2 are used over here anyway (europe). I'm guessing it helps with pilots knowing exactly how long down to the minute they were airborne for....usually only the minute is called out e.g. " on the ground time 24, contact ground on " (meaning 24 minutes after the hour)Alan

Doug,In my day at Heathrow, 1 and 2 were in common use in the format " airborne at xxxx, contact..." or " landed at xxxx, contact..." However, "my day" was many moons ago and I think things may have changed so I'll check the current paractice and get back to you.It's true that it's normal r/w practice for QNH to be given with start-up approval but in RC, it is possible to miss out this stage and go straight from CD to Ground so the QNH is passed with taxi clearance instead. I'd have no problem if jd wanted to change it so that the QNH was passed at start approval for those users who requested push and start and with the taxi clearance for those who didn't. So long as it's passed somewhere in the pre-taxi stages, I'm happy.Pete

Guest Douglas Thompson

Pete,I've archived all this. It's up to you. I'll wait to hear from you. Use doug@ please."...my day..."? C'mon Pete :-). You make it sound like you're a thing of the past. Given the depth of your contribution to RC, I would argue that one ;-)!

OK, Doug, I'll do that as soon as I get the info. Thanks for the kind words but "my day" at Heathrow was November 1967 to August 1970...;-) PP