Sign in to follow this  
Glynn

ATC delay cured

Hello allAfter having problems with long delays before ATC would speak in 4.1 and micro stutters with ADVdisplay in the VC, i am now free of both thanks to the new Fuipc window and a defrag with O+O defrag using the defrag by Name method.RC4.1 now responds straight away and the speech is so smoothPeter dowson has made a huge difference with the new display window as far as using RC4.1 in the VC is concerned.

Guest KemoF15

What's the defrag by name method???

HelloO+O defrag has a a few different ways to defrag your drive I.Elast acessed, modified or by name.The by NAME method orders the files and directorys alphabeticaly.which is great for texture loading and it seems also for loading the RC4.1 wav files.Most other defrag tools use either last accesed or modified, O+O defrag is better suited for games where large amounts of files are loaded as it limits the amount the HD heads need to move to access data.

Hey,Same for me. After fighting the long delays with ver. 4.01, I deleted it and just used 4.0. After downloading the new FSuipc and reinstalling 4.01 all is good again. No delays.Jim

I was hoping this would fix my stutter problem. But to no avail. I had to go back again to 4.0. Oh well I keep trying

Guest tugpilot_01

I also downloaded O+O defrag (trial version) and defragged both my HD partitions (i run FS and RC4 on a separate partition from WinXP).Still...the stutter is still a problem. It seems that just prior to a transmission taking place...the sim kind of "pauses" a small second. It can be really annoying sometimes...x( Oh...and by the way, I used the "by name" method as well!