Sign in to follow this  
misgav

RC4.01 and Ultimate Traffic snags

I've got Rc4.01 installed and, on the whole running well.Two snags:1.If Pre-recorded chatter is checked, it seems to eliminate the sound of any communication between atc and UT traffic. I only hear the chatter and my plane sending/receiving messages. But as soon as I untick pre-rec chatter, I can hear communication with other present UT aircraft.Could it be a sound card issue?2. RC4 seems to have affected the UT gauges- Palmspotter and TCAS.On the first, I can see all departing/arriving flights and hear the announcer, but dep/arr times are all 0000. Similarly the TCAS seems now to be non-functional. I took off from KDEN with 100% traffic density, and after takeoff I could see , from spot view, a few planes nearby, but they weren't shown on the radar.Is this logical?Eytan OrnsteinEastern Virtual AirlinesKMIASpecs: P4 2.4 GHZ1 GHZ DDRGeForce 5700 LE 128 MB80GB hdWindows XP Pro

1) pre recorded chatter can be overwhelming, stealing cycles from me watch the ai, and talking to them. i don't use pre-recorded chatter for this reason, and many more, which i've detailed before2) i don't think rc can affect another program. are you saying that with rc not running the ut stuff works? when rc is running, ut stops working.jd

I did not find the UT2 TCAS to be satisfactory. I installed it as a gauge in a couple of advanced GA. As I recall the target display range did not scale with the gauge size and therefore several targets were missed. I also did not care for the altitude range exclusion which needed to be set but preferred the fixed +- 2000 feet inclusion range preveant on other gauges. If the gauge was popped up then the display was more inclusive.I use RC 4.01 with PMDG 737s updated with the TCAS ND option and also with Reality-XP Jetline series EHSIs and all works well.There are some freeware TCAS gauges in the libs here but6 I believe the most functional is the one from Lee Heathington(?) and also the F16 radar gauge although some people have trouble with the latter dealing with the freeware registration of FSUIPC. The F16 gauge as of the last time I used it did not show relative altitude to your aircraft without clicking on the target. To me relative altitude and altitude change trend in relation to your aircraft is a must.For GA I intend to get the Reality-XP Sandel ST3400 which includes a TCAS mode and terrain mapping, etc. The Reality-XP products do not use FSUIPC.

I addition to what Bob said below, here is a copy/paste from the UT forum."Problem: The palmspotter has the airlines displayed but the arrival times and deparure times are all showing 0000 and nothing shows in the TCASFix: This will update the Palmspotter to the version officially dated 1/22/2004 and will update the cfo_tfxinfo.dll to the version 9.5.0.4236 dated 8/23/2004.http://www.flight1software.com/files/Tfxin...alm_Update.exe"I think we all had this problem once... ;o)Subs

>1) pre recorded chatter can be overwhelming, stealing cycles>from me watch the ai, and talking to them. i don't use>pre-recorded chatter >>2) i don't think rc can affect another program. are you saying>that with rc not running the ut stuff works? when rc is>running, ut stops working.>>jd1. Too bad. I would have like to hear both ai and random chatter.Is there a sound card that can play both simultaneously?2. Problem solved. There was a UT update to deal with the FS9.1 patch. TCAS and palmspootter work fine now.Eytan

it's not a sound card thing. it is a processor thing. if i spend more time processing pre-recorded chatter, i miss the ai transitions from one state to another, and thus miss the trigger to say something to themjd

OK.In that case I'll stick to hearing the AI communication.Just curious, has anyone tried the Enviro chatter with RC4?Eytan

Guest PeterC

Hi allI downloaded Ultimate Traffic today and I now have the following problem:I cannot hear any AI chatter at all even with pre recorded chatter off. If I switch pre recorded chatter on then I can hear that.Any suggestions please?Peter

you have to be on the same frequency as the ai when they are doing their thingiowif they are getting clearance, you have to be on clearance's frequencyif they are requesting push back, taxi instructions, etc, you have to be on ground freqetcjd

Guest PeterC

jdThank you for your prompt reply. I am now a happy bunny! It's a great program - thank youPeter

Guest cirurgiao

Hi, JDA question:Using RC pre-recorded AI chatter checked affects RC?ThanksEduardo

there is pre-recorded chatter and ai chatter - two totally different chatters.what do you mean affect?jd

Guest cirurgiao

Yes, I know they are two different things. I had the idea from some comments here that checking both AI chatter & pre-recorded chatter could cause some confusion.I use both checked and it seems ok.Eduardo