Sign in to follow this  
Guest AVA ALT1934

Any common ground on RC4 crashing?

Guest AVA ALT1934

I've searched, but haven't found a solution that works for me.I love RC4- never fly without it. But that's lead to a frustrating problem, in that I can only complete 2 flights in 3 or so- on the rest, FS9 crashes either when I contact approach, when I turn to final, or when I contact ground after landing. Never before that point.It doesn't matter where I fly or what I fly. It's happened with add on scenery, it's happened with default scenery, and with everything from the default Baron to the PMDG 400F. With chatter, without, with ActiveSky, without. The only way it completely stops is to not use RC4 (well, 4.01 :) ). I don't want to do that, of course.I did try the few suggestions I've seen (audio acceleration settings come straight to mind) but nothing has made a difference. Any ideas on what to do to?System shouldn't be the problem- XP Pro SP2, Athlon XP 2800, 1536 MB RAM, about 230 GB free HDD space (72 GB free on my FS9 and RC partition).Help!

Guest CTyankee

Hi Help (You should sigh your messages with a real name)Which version of FSUIPC are you using?Sandy

Hello,Are you using on-board sound or a separate sound card?What is the reported problem in the dialogue box that appears asking to send the info to Microsoft?It's very unusual to have continual crashes. Post your replies and we'll take it from there.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

i've heard of something similar, when the departure atis is the same frequency as another controller later in the flight. is that the case here?

Guest AVA ALT1934

>Hi Help (You should sigh your messages with a real name)>>Which version of FSUIPC are you using?>>Sandy>>Good grief, I should, as a staffer here, know better ;) Where'd my sig go?Ah, well- I just updated to the newest FSUIPC, I have a SB Live 5.1 sound card, and I'll try another flight to answer the rest of the questions asked.Thanks, all.-----------------------Scott Moore

Guest CTyankee

Hi Scott,FSUIPC Version 3.553, available from Peter Dowson's website http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlincludes fixes for the type of crash described in JD's reply below,as well as for other types of crashes that can occur in when running FS with third party ATC programs--such as Radar Contact--and FS

Guest speight

I too am getting frequent fs9 ctd. Always just after "needs to leave frequency to get weather".

Guest speight

OK, I have installed FSUIPC Version 3.553 and so far it is successful.

You gys keep saying 3.553. I have 3.53 and that is all I see on the web site. Am I missing something? Of course I haven't had a CTD sin a long time so I guess I am ok now.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Guest CTyankee

Hi Tom,Look at the second thread in Peter Dowson's Support Forum.Sandy

Guest AVA ALT1934

Well, the FSUIPC update seems to have solved the problem. Thanks for all the suggestions.-----------------------Scott Moore