Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

Need help! Trouble creating log file / AI not recognised by RC?

Hi guys,Since installing RC I have perpetually found that it won't instruct the AI to hold short when I've been cleared to land, and it will instruct me to line up when other AI is on short final. I also hear no radio communication between tower and the traffic at the hold short point. In short, RC APPEARS to not be handling the AI aircraft.I'm also finding that RC will freeze on me when I try to create a log file so in effect that avenue is currently not available to me for getting the problem analysed. What I want to do is report the things I'm seeing happen and see if anyone has seen these issues too.Note that all my flights are in either the PMDG 744 or the LDS 763. I have reindexed the RC4 runway database too. The issues have occurred both with heavy traffic and light traffic.Examples.At LIRF (ISD scenery) I was number 2 in line for departure in the PMDG 744. A Beech Baron in front of me started to line up. I didn't hear his clearance issued and I was on tower at this point. No sooner was the Baron on the active and tower instructed ME to line up. To add to the mix, there was a 747 on about a 3 mile final at this point too, I didn't hear any communication between the tower and the 747. This was using some Project AI packages.At KJFK (Default) I was behind a large number of Ultimate Traffic AI aircraft departing off 4L. I was asked to monitor tower about the point I became number 8 for departure. I was still number 4 or 5 for departure when tower instructed me to line up and wait. During this time I heard no communication between tower and any of the departing or arriving traffic.Last night, on final to 28L KSFO, I had received my landing clearance about 6 miles out, as I was on short finals, an AI aircraft I had been watching taxi out started to line up! Again, I heard no communication between tower and the aircraft.So, something is most definitely up. Could anyone contribute their suggestions here?Many thanks!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hi Mark,RC4 has been thoroughly tested so the problems involving other aircraft during line up and departure are probably related to incorrect data on your system.Firstly, please confirm you have 'Interact with Ai' and 'Play Pilot Wavs' ticked in the General option.Please give details of your setup. Single PC or 2 running via WideFS with RC4 on a separate PC to FS9?The inability to create a log is strange. Describe the actions you take to create and save a log please. Any error message displayed?<>I presume you mean you've selected 'Rebuild Scenery db'?I suspect you haven't turned on the required options in RC4. See this thread for more on this... http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=18455&page=2Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray, thanks for getting back to me, I know this isn't the first time I've raised this!I'll go through your response in order.I have Interact with AI and Play Pilot Wavs checked, I wish it were that simple an issue! :-)I am on a single PC. Details in my signature below, if you need additional info pls don't hesitate to ask.The issue with creating a log is when I instruct RC to do this and click 'Start RC' it hangs at that point. No error messages, just a lock-up.When I say I have reindexed the RC4 runway database I did in fact mean that I've selected 'Rebuild Scenery db', apologies for the incorrect terminology. :-)Having read through the thread you linked to, I am pretty much 100% certain I have the settings as advised. Although it mightn't matter, my issue isn't that the AI are freezing, it's actually that they're not freezing. However some of the symptoms are the same, in that I don't hear AI chatter and the aircraft don't seem to be under any commands, at least that I can hear.I DO hear the AI aircraft contacting ground after landing. I DO hear aircraft getting IFR clearance at startup and I DO hear them getting traffic advisories in the cruise but that's all I can recall hearing. I hear no 'AI 125 contact Oakland Center on 123.45' calls either.I will have one last crack at recording a log file tonight and if I get the lock-up again I will try a reinstall of RC4, as this seems to definitely be a matter of something being wrong on my machine.

Mark Adeane - NZWN

maybe you don't have permissions to write to the directory where you are starting rc from. i can't think of any reason why you can't create a log.try this.launch rcclick debugload a .plnthen end rc.do you have a rcv4.log file with the proper date/time stamp? if you don't click debug, can you start rc? or does it hang?jd

Hi jd,At work at present, will look into this tonight and try a few things out, obviously I'd prefer to generate a log file so you guys can see what's happening.Off topic slightly, my flight critique from you last night was harsh, man. Something about how you'd hate to fly with me given my shoddy nav skills! Turns out I programmed the GOLDN4.PYE into SFO into my FMC but not into the RC4 plan so whoops. Lesson learnt!

Mark Adeane - NZWN

Hi Mark,<>Always best to get the obvious out of the way first. :-)<>The logs are created in a sub-folder under RC4 named logs. See if you can create a txt file yourself and then delete it. If you can then permissions are adequate.We can't really go any further at this point until you can create a log.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks JD/Ray,Had hoped to get a flight in last night but time was not on my side. I did, however, check my privledges in the logs folder and lo and behold no write privs. I honestly have no idea why, well spotted though thanks!Will report back tonight on how things go.

Mark Adeane - NZWN

Well, irony was my copilot this evening.Having finally got logging to work, I flew a domestic NZ sector, only to find that there wasn't enough traffic departing out of NZAA to provoke a runway incursion anyway!Oh well, will try a more crowded airport tomorrow. Maybe KATL-KLGA or similar.

Mark Adeane - NZWN