Sign in to follow this  

Falcon 50 Experts: I need some help please.

Guest 727Fan

I have 2 questions regarding the Yannick Falcon 50.After installing and finding how to access the VC (WOW)!, I've noticed that in the VC;1. The airspeed and artificial horizon gauges do not operate. They are static. But they work in the 2D. HHmmmm? Am I missing something?2. The main door doesn't respond to "Shift+E." So the main door and boarding stairs hang out as I taxi. But when the gear is stowed, the door closes. What's with this?3. The engine gauges are missing from the VC. I have no clue about any N1 etc readings. I installed exactly (I think) as the read me says. All the other situational gauges work in the VC like heading, vertical, VOR, etc.Am I in the twilight zone, or what?This is such a beautiful model, so I'm really hoping someone can assist me. I'd hate to remove the aircraft because I couldn't make it work.Thanks everyone!Rick

Re:2. The Falcon 50 is not a Gmax or Scasm model, so it doesn't have all the native FS2002 key commands. It doesn't have landing gear if used as AI, either. To close the door, turn on the lights (Shift+L).

Guest 727Fan

Psychophant 1:Thanks alot for the info on the Falcon 50 boarding stairs, and the design parameters re: non GMAX.OK, that answers question 2.Anybody game for questions 1 and 3?There's got to be an answer. After all the glowing reviews of this bird back in March (And all the various questions too) I know I'm missing somethng by not having some working gauges.Thank YouRick

1. You can replace the flight instrument gauges with others. First thing I did was replace the ADI since the FD does not work correctly. Most gauges will work correctly in the VC view. I've reconfigured mine to use gauges from Paul Golding and others, representing older style instruments. 3. You probably did something wrong in the installation. The engine gauges work fine in the VC view. This is probably also the reason why your ADI does not work in the VC view since it sounds like all you see in the VC view is the underlying bitmap drawing of the ADI. The gauge callout may be missing in your panel.cfg for some reason.

Guest 727Fan

OK Kevin, Thanks. I know now at least the missing engine gauges are really missing in the VC. I guess I'll just try a reinstall of the files and see where that takes me.Rick

I had these missing gauges but was able to fix it by removing and reinstalling.first remove the Fal50caea2 aircraft folder, then remove all the files named YLF50*.* from the gauges folder. Then reinstall the Falcon50 and the 2nd patch and you should be good.

jerrycwo4In the Falcon 50 it's the "Panel Light" in the overhead console ( or the 'L') key that closes the door.jerry