Sign in to follow this  
JMR

Pause at distance question

Last night I took off from KJFK to LIRF with the "pause at distance" option enabled. This morning I woke up and my 767 was over Egypt :( Am I supposed to toggle pause at distance before I click run?

Guest Captain Dad

Didn't you hear the passengers screaming?AAAAAHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGG:-hang Captain Dad

Hmmm I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong here but I've flown a few more flights and 'pause at distance' isn't working for me. Running RC 4.01 build 4.0.3737

Hi there,Just a thought. Have you given control of the plane and comms to the RC copilot? I hate to admit it but I can't remember if you have to do this for pause at distance to work. It might be the cause of your problem.Hopefully someone with a better memory than mine will help us out ;-)All the best,John

Hmm Otto only had the comms while I had the plane. Manual doesn't say specifically that Otto has to have both plane and comms. Can Otto handle a plane like the LDS 767 by him/herself?

Hi there,Otto can't fly the LDS 767, you still rely on the FMC to do that. He can only handle the standard FS autopilot. You can still give him plane though, it's just he won't have any affect on it - he'll just think he's flying it ;-)As I said I just can't remember if you have to do this to make pause at distance work. Give it a try, it shouldn't do any harm!All the best,John

I'm 99% sure giving Otto comms or plane has no effect on Pause At Distance, and I'm 100% sure it should work with Otto on comms only like you had.But I recall having 'Pause On Task Switch' to be ticked for Pause At Distance to work. The Puse Tsk Switch is in the FS settings somewhere. Try with Pause On Task Switch ticked, and see how you go. I'm at work now, but I'll recheck the settings on my PC and verify in a few hours.Also, might be a silly question, but just to make sure, you did enter a 'Pause At' distance on the RC screen didn't you? :()Subs

Well I just tried it again but this time I made sure 'pause on task' was enabled within FS and RC and it still didn't work :( This is very frustrating.

maybe you can do this for mestart rcclick debugload your .plnset your optionsclick start rcv4then click stop rcv4zip up the .log in the rcv4 directory, and send it to memaybe you can do a screen shot and post here, the options windowjd

Here's a screenshot of my options and the attached log file at the bottom. At least I hope that's the right log file.RC%20options.JPG

why are you using .apl files? save the flight plans in fs200x format (.pln) and use them as input to rc, then try it againthat will probably fix the problem where rc thinks you have 83 checkpoints in your flight planjd

I didn't think it would make a difference. I use FSBuild to make my plans and just loaded them up as .apl files. I'll try as .plan next time.