Sign in to follow this  
Guest HUMPERS

Cannot save flights consistently

Guest HUMPERS

Look, i really like this product but one thing is driving me nuts!I can only save a flight occasionally. I press the ";" (semi-colon) key & get the save flight window which i complete, then when i look for the saved flight, it appears in the FS9 saved flights menu but is not listed on the RCv4 "load previously saved RCDs' button.I know it should work because some tutorial flight situationa i saved earlier are in both menus.What am i doing wrong?, i have tried closing down FS9 1st after saving a flight & i have tried closing down RCv4 1st, but it only works in a random fashion. To me, saving a situation is a must for maximum enjoyment of Radar Contact. And of course, when you have flown a long way from the start of a tutorial & need to save the flight, it is very frustrating to not find the flight when you come back to it later on.Hope someone can help me.cheersRod H

Guest Captain Dad

Dear Rod, I had the same problem. Reinstall the Auto save feature from Peter Dowson's webpage herehttp://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlAutoSave 1.501Then make sure you press the Ctrl+Shift+semicolon button together.All 3 at once. (Make sure your FS9 "Assignments" buttons are the same.)Works every time for me!Captain Dad

Guest RickT

Hi Rod,You wrote to our help address and I asked you to redo your flight but this time turn on debug before loading your plan. Then send the log to me so I can see what is happening.RCD files are not saved to your Radar Contact folder. They are saved to your Flight Simulator files folder under My Documents. When you click on the previously saved button point Radar Contact to your Flight Simulator 9 folder and you will find your rcd files. The saved flight is loaded from RC not Flight Simulator. Finally click on the keyboard button in Radar Contact and check the save situation key to make sure it is defined as a semi-colon. You may have accidentally defined it as something else and not realized it.Finally when you save situations do not pause the sim. Just hit whatever key you have defined to save the situation.

Guest HUMPERS

Thanks Captain I'll get on to it right away. One question though, isn't this way of saving a flight the one where you cannot put in your own title, instaed you get a load of figures representing seconds past midnight etc?Still, i shall be trying it later tonight & let you know the result.Thanks very much for your quick response.CheersRod H

Guest HUMPERS

Thanks, will have a good look at this during the next 24 hours.CheersRod

Guest cirurgiao

Hi, RickOne question:I don't fly anymore without RC4.01 plus FSUIPC3.553. Terrific!!!Usually I save a flight 3-4 times so I can get it later in RC's previously saved flight. Sometimes I want to deviate from my original flight to try different approaches & landings. I then save in FS9 saved flights with a specific name (like rwy17 landing...).Is there any way to save as RC flight with a name different from RC's own named, so in another time I can open it and use RC?ThanksEduardo

Hi Eduardo,Glad you are enjoying RC so much :D A very important point here. I think we had an error in the manual.If RC is running, whenever you save a flight then the RC state will also be saved PROVIDED FS IS NOT PAUSED AT THE TIME. If FS is paused the RC state isn't saved until you unpause FS.So when you save 'rwy17 landing.flt' RC will also save 'rwy17 landing.rcd' which you can open with RC.If you use the RC keystrokes ctrl shift ; to save a flight you cannot control the name RC gives to the flight.Hope this helps.All the best,John

Guest cirurgiao

Hi, JohnThanks for your answer. I save my flights with both FS9 & RC running. I use two keys: CTRL+S to save in RC's mode and CTRL+SHIFT+S to save in FS's mode the latter because I control the name of the saved flight. What I don't know is:how can I go to this "rwy17 landing", get it in FS9 saved flights and at the same time make RC works with this flight? Since RC wasn't the program I used to save this "rwy17 landing" named flight, and since it has its own way to save a flight, I would like to continue my "rwy17 landing" to have the RC's orientation.I hope this doubt doesn't seem so confuse.Thanks againEduardo

i detect when a flight is saved via the fs menus, and will create an appropriate .rcd file with the same name you specified in the save flight dialog box in fsjd

Guest HUMPERS

Thanks, did a reinstall of the autosave dll file. saved flights using the 3 buttons to place saved flight in the RCv4 flights window & it worked. It always did work for me doing it that way, but this time i saved the flight using just the semi-colon key which lets you put a description of the flight in the title.This time that way works as well so once again thanks.CheersRod

Hi Eduardo,As jd say's, if RC is running when you save a flight then RC should save a .rcd file with the same name in the same folder as the .flt file was saved (provided FS is NOT PAUSED when you save the flight). So when you launch RC click the 'Load Previously Saved .RCD's' and see if there is one called 'rwy17 landing'.If it doesn't appear the next thing to do will be to check on the folders where the files are being saved.All the best,John

Guest cirurgiao

I'd like to say thanks to you and jd.Your patience to help things go better confirms my decision to buy RC and to go to RC forum at avsim & google group.eduardo

Guest cirurgiao

Just to say that it really was all there. Just don't need to save a flight specifically in RC's mode. I saved a flight in FS9's mode and a copy of it was written with .rcdMore thanks to you and jd

Guest Blodhemn

Hmm, i only bought Radar Contact a few days back and decided to try the tutorials to learn how to get the most from this amazing piece of software. I too have been having the same problem with it not saving the files. I got round it by saving the flight numerous times until i saw the file appear in windows explorer. I cannot use the autosave thing mentioned on here, as im using FSX and I have to buy FSUIPC in order to use the autosave feature in the FSX version of FSUIPC. as mentioned on the Peter Dawson website - Note: For FSX this facility is part of FSUIPC4 and needs user registration.But even with the file saved, RC4 will not load the file back in. A box pops up saying it can't load the .flt file. The file it needs is definitely there. Is this a bug with RC4 & FSX?any ideas? as im having to restart flights completely in order to try all the things in the tutorials. Which is very longwinded.Cheers in advance for any helpRob