Sign in to follow this  
Guest The masterBaker

QNH Problem

Guest The masterBaker

Why do I always get given a QNH of 1013.2mb wherever I am and whatever the weather in RC4? No matter whether in the air or on the ground, always the same.Regards,Paul

what weather program are you using?i only report the pressure that is in fs9, 8, 7, etc. if that is what the pressure is, then that is what i reportjd

Guest The masterBaker

Hi and thanks for your reply.The only weather programme I am running is FSEnvironment.Regards,Paul

Guest The masterBaker

Can anyone recommend a Weather programme then please? Does Active sky automatically set the baro, or do you always have to set it in FS9. How do you know what it is anyway, without ATIS and ATC telling you? Which brings me back to the original question, Why do I always get told the same baro, i.e 29.92 (1013.2)?Sorry if I'm a bit thick on this!:-( Also, I can't get the "Repeat last command" to work on the keyboard (I'm a bit hard of hearing).I can't understand what the numbers are down the side of the assignments page, and can I just change that command to say, "R" with no (ctr+/).Sorry!!:-(Paul

Hi Paul,You do have the option of using FS9's in-built weather which can be downloaded at frequent intervals.However, there's no doubt amongst many of us that Active Sky is the best weather program available as it also gives you the benefit of improved cloud textures which will significantly improve your frame rates.Back to your questions...<No, that's down to you. You will tune in to local ATIS (assuming you're running RC4) and set the altimeter based on the current QNH. If not running RC4 you can use the inbuilt FS ATC but as this is the RC Forum I expect you will use RC4 in your flights.Read the manual for more info on this and perhaps fly the tutorials. Once you have active weather you won't be getting 1013.2/29.92 unless the local pressure happens to be that value. You're hearing it now because that is the default value in the FS9 weather options.<>That's okay, we all have to learn but you will find the manual covers everything :-)<>The default key combo is CTRL+Shift+/ . Make sure you don't have that set to another command in FS. Also make sure FS has the focus when you press that key combo. YOu should be able to change it to R providing R is not used by FS9. Check first otherwise you'll have a conflict and something 'orrible might happen. :-eek Those numbers are the ASCII equivalents of the keys pressed and aren't needed by us mere mortals. They're there I believe for those that use more sophisticated controls. I've never needed them.Hope that helps.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest The masterBaker

Excellent Ray!:-) That's brilliant....answered all my questions.So helpful when you have people who know what they are talking about!! Much obliged:-) :-) Regards,Paul

Thanks Paul. Hope that gets you back in the air. Thanks for the appreciation :-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

also make sure you don't have pilot autoreply checked. if you do, then repeat is never an optionjd

Guest The masterBaker

Thanks JD, didn't realise that!Paul:)

Guest abulaafia

ActiveSky has some serious issues, crashes (CTD) on many machines. I couldn't get it to work and switched to Weathermaker which is smaller and absolutely stable. http://www.weather-maker.com/