Sign in to follow this  
neil0311

how to set a hot key for the new window in FSUIPC?

I have read the documentation and I'm left shaking my head without a clue. Can anyone explain the value that corresponds to the AdvDisplayHotKey variable in the fsuipc.ini? All I want to do is set a key as the hotkey, and I feel like I need a CIA cryptographer to assist. :D

Guest ha5mvo

Hi,I was struggling with it too until I managed to crack it..:)What you need to do, is to edit your FSUIPC.ini file (Modules folder) and add the line:AdvDisplayHotKey=xx,ywhere xx will determine the key. a list of keys and their corresponding numbers is available in the "advanced users" doc that comes with FSUICPs download. for instance I use 33 which corresponds to the "page up" keyy - will determine if you are using a shift, control, alt etc.a value of 8 represents normal keypress. again, possible values are available in that list I mentioned above.so, if you want to use "page up" as your toggle key, add the entryAdvDisplayHotKey=33,8You might also want to add the entryWhiteMessages=YesIf you prefer white script (same as the FS window)hope that helps.....//Michael

Tanks for the reply, but I still can't get it function. Do I need a resistered copy for the hotkey to work? If I assign a combination as described, it just does nothing. If I close the window, I either have to wait for RC to auto open the window the next time the controller is talking to me, or I have to restart RC to see the window. What the heck am I doing wrong? I chose shift + F1 as my combo. Is this correct? It does not work. [General]History=Q8A0X88RCMS6DSRY4ZSCITCASid=FlightTCASrange=40TrafficScanPerFrame=10AxisCalibration=NoCentredDialogue=YesClearWeatherDynamics=YesOwnWeatherChanges=NoWeatherReadInterval=4MoveBGLvariables=YesMainMenu=&ModulesSubMenu=&FSUIPC ...TimeForSelect=4WeatherReadsFast=NoShowMultilineWindow=YesSuppressMultilineFS=NoWhiteMessages=YesAdvDisplayHotKey=27,1

If you are talking about the new window for Radar Contact, it works without having AdvDisp installed. So it is possible that the AdvDisp hotkey has nothing to do with the new window.--Tom________http://mysite.verizon.net/tjrush/tjrcaasig.jpgWhen once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been and there you will always long to return. --- Leonardo da Vinci

Tom

Guest ha5mvo

>Tanks for the reply, but I still can't get it function. Do I>need a resistered copy for the hotkey to work? >>If I assign a combination as described, it just does nothing. >If I close the window, I either have to wait for RC to auto>open the window the next time the controller is talking to me,>or I have to restart RC to see the window. >>What the heck am I doing wrong? I chose shift + F1 as my>combo. Is this correct? It does not work. >>[General]>History=Q8A0X88RCMS6DSRY4ZSCI>TCASid=Flight>TCASrange=40>TrafficScanPerFrame=10>AxisCalibration=No>CentredDialogue=Yes>ClearWeatherDynamics=Yes>OwnWeatherChanges=No>WeatherReadInterval=4>MoveBGLvariables=Yes>MainMenu=&Modules>SubMenu=&FSUIPC ...>TimeForSelect=4>WeatherReadsFast=No>ShowMultilineWindow=Yes>SuppressMultilineFS=No>WhiteMessages=Yes>AdvDisplayHotKey=27,1try this:AdvDisplayHotKey=112,927 BTW should be "escape" and for a shift you'll need to add 8 (normal), thus shift+ would be 9.