Sign in to follow this  
northridge

Makerwys there but it says it isn't

I tried to run the Rebuild Scenery DB, got the Wide FS prompt (No), and was told Makerwys is not in the FS9 path.I found it (I am right in thinking it's the MS Dos Batch file thing?) in the RC4 folder and put it in FS9 main folder. Tried to run DB again: "Makerwys is not in path", again.Oh, and I'm getting almost no chatter or traffic warnings. I turned up FS9 ATC and hear a lot more: from RC4 I hear less that half of the FS9 chatter, and always afterwards. Have I got something set wrong?

the path to fs9 in the registry may be wrong. if you can read the batch file, what path is it going to, to run makerwys?i'm not sure what fs9 atc says, i've never heard it. but if you're on the right frequency, and ai are doing something on that frequency, you should hear ai chatterjd

Hi there,You are looking for a file called Makerwys.exe which should be in your main FS folder.With chatter one thing to check is your settings on the Miscellaneous tab in FSUIPC for 'Limit TCAS Range' and try setting it to 0 (off). If this is set to, say, 20 RC would only be aware of traffic within 20 nm of you.If you have the unregistered version of FSUIPC you need to edit the FSUIPC.ini file to have the entry TCASrange=0.(Note if you use AISmooth it limits the range to 40nm when it is running).Hope this helps.All the best,John

I'm afraid I'm getting confused here."If you can read the batch file, what path is it going to, to run makerwys?"I can't read anything. If I click on it a black box appears for a millisecond and nothing else happens."You are looking for a file called Makerwys.exe which should be in your main FS folder."I have no Makerways.exe anywhere. I have a makerwys which Properties tells me is an MSDos Batch file. It was in the RC4 folder: I put it in the FS9 folder when I saw the error message.I have understood the tips about chatter, thank you.

makerwys.exe needs to go into the fs9 root directory, wherever it is.what i was trying to say, was to open the makerwys.bat file in the rc directory with NOTEPAD. if you want to copy and paste it here, i'll tell you where i think your fs9 directory is, and where rc is thinking it should be, and where it is trying to run it.if you don't have makerwys.exe anywhere, that would be a problem. have you looked in the root of c: ? that's where the rc install program puts it, if the path in the registry to fs9 is not there.jd

This is what it says:del .dataa4.csvD:cd "D:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9"makerwys.execopy r4.csv "D:Program Filesrcv4datar4.csv"This is what you said:"..... if you want to copy and paste it here, i'll tell you where i think your fs9 directory is, and where rc is thinking it should be, and where it is trying to run it."And then will you tell me what to do please:-)

Hi there,It appears that RC is installed inD:Program Filesrcv4.Is that correct?RC thinks FS is installed inD:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Is that correct?If not where is FS installed? Once we know that we can tell you what the batch file should say.Presumably RC has installed makerwys.exe in that folder. Have a look and see if you can find it there.All the best,John

Hello again,"It appears that RC is installed inD:Program Filesrcv4.Is that correct?"Yes"RC thinks FS is installed inD:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Is that correct?"Yes, that is where FS9 is."Presumably RC has installed makerwys.exe in that folder. Have a look and see if you can find it there."You keep referring to 'makerwys.exe': I presume that is out of habit. I have said before that I don't have a file of that name. I have an MSDos batch file named makerwys (no '.exe') that WAS in the RC4 folder. I put it in the FS9 folder after reading a post about a similar problem to mine.

the batch file goes in the rcv4 directory. actually it will be re-created everytime you press the "re-build scenery db" button.send an email to rick@jdtllc.com, ask him for the current makerwys.exe, and put it in "D:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9"then you should be good to go.makerwys.exe is installed, when you install rcv4. can't imagine what happened to it, on your machine.jd

Done.Database rebuilt, all working fine, .exe file saved somewhere safe in case it goes awol again.Thank you very much.