Sign in to follow this  
stevekasian

I want to start a flightplan mid-way (From Saved Flight)

Hi. I want to be able to use RC4 when loading a saved "mid-way" flight (specifically, an approach into KDEN out of FL240). But I can't seem to figure out how to get RC4 to accept this. It seems there is no way to bypass the whole Clearance Deliery, Ground, Departure portion of the flight plan with RC4.I have searched all through the documentation, website and this forum, and I find no mention of this topic. Any related info. would be much appreciated.Thanks.SK

Hi Steve,What you have to do is fly the flight once, from the beginning, with RC running.Save a flight at the appropriate point (make sure FS is NOT paused and RC is running). The RC state is saved in a .rcd file with the same name as the saved flight.Then you can load the saved flight in FS and start RC using the 'Load Previously Saved .RCD's' button.All the best,John

Guest cirurgiao

Hi, SKI had the same doubts before and John taught me.RC & FS9 save flights. Use different keys for both programs so you can save any flight the way you like.In RC you don't control the name. It's done for you using the RC's own way. When you want to fly the same saved part of the flight you go to RC and select load RC saved... the button on top rightIn FS9 you can name the flight you want and it's saved in two ways, one which the usual FS9's way, the other the same named flight with an extension .rcd. To go to this flight you open RC and go to top left button (200x...).Is there a difference?Yes, since in FS9 you can save an specific rwy landing/ an approach..., that implies your intentions. RC is so terrific that even if you save a flight in FS9's way, naming it the way you want, it still will create a .rcd extension, so choosing this options when you are selecting a flight RC will continue working integrated with FS9 like twins. If you choose the select a flight without the .rcd extension, RC won't recognize it.Hope it helps. I tried to say things the easier way.Good flight and congratulations to be one of us in the RC world.Eduardo

Guest johng

I use Autosave and just note the number of the saved flight I want, and use this number in the select rcd flight box. Seems to work fine for me.

Cool! Thanks so much for all your input. So I guess RC must have automatically saved an RCD record when I saved my FS9 flight - I hope that's what you're saying. In that case I can just pick up where I left off.One thing that Eduardo said sort of puzzled me though: "Yes, since in FS9 you can save an specific rwy landing/ an approach..., that implies your intentions."I was not aware that you can save a specific rwy landing and approach in FS9. Every time I make a flight plan with vectors all the way up to the runway on which I want to land, ATC starts vectoring me away from my planned route about 70 - 90 miles form the airport. The only way I can fly my intended flight plan is to disregard ATC altogether once it starts sending me off course (which doesn't make them too happy with me!)Additionally, RC4 seems to do the same thing FS9 does upon approach. Even when I load and activate an approach/vectors to final with the NAV computer, ATC (FS9 AND RC4) doesn't seem to have any clue I'm doing so, and continues to vector me away from my intended approach course.So am I missing something here? (apparently so!)Please inform me, PLEASE!!!! pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!Thanks again,SK

Guest cirurgiao

Hi, SKSorry to some confusion.1) When you save a flight in FS9's way, RC will automatically create the same flight name (the name you gave to the saved flight) with an .rcd extension.2) To load this flight using RC you just have to go to RC and Load RC flight (top right button), which will open an window were all saved flight in FS9 mode go. You then find the saved flight you want to and search for the .rcd extension. It will put you into the flight with RC control.3) I put it wrong when giving you the idea that you would fly that kind of approach... What I wanted to say is that you are trying an specific type of action that you couldn't find if you just opened RC saved flight. With this action (.rcd extension) RC terrific program allows you to get any FS9 saved flight while both FS9 & RC were running and still be controlled by RC.4) I usually follow a flightplan to a point were I want to deviate to an specific airport to try diferent kinds of approaches or runways. So I name it with my intention. Why? Just so I still will fly the flightplan when I want to.Sorrier to John that taught right and I put it wrongEduardo

Guest cirurgiao

I don't use FSAutoSave. I discovered (with John Burgess help) that I could save any flight in FS9 mode without losing RC's control, which is our main intention, isn't it? (not to lose RC interface). RC4 creates an .rcd extension into FS9 saved flight so when you go to "Select a Flight" you can get the flight you saved plus its action with RC like toy never left the flight. It just helps me to select a flight (I give specific names to some flights - usually when I deviate from my original flight - to follow different approaches, like "Landind rwy4L with winds 320-7" or "NDB approach to EGKK")Eduardo

4) i suggest putting your alternate airports in as alternate 1 and alternate 2 on the controller's page. then you can realistically deviate to them.saving the .rcd prior to making your calls to go to an alternate is a good ideajd

Nice, guys... thanks so much! All questions answered, and to my amazement everything picks up perfectly in both FS9 & RC4 where it left off... very cool.Even better, I just learned the other day what SIDs and STARs are, and I've been going CRAZY with them using FSNavigator! I can finally depart KLAS on a REAL LIFE departure course, just like the real airline pilots do everyday right over my house! FINALLY!!!Thanks again,SK