Sign in to follow this  
Guest cirurgiao

Does anyone run FS9 with RC4 in a dual core processor?

Guest cirurgiao

HiI'm going to buy another pc, which will be my main computer.Since I have a P4/3.0GHzHT old 478 socket, to buy the new 775 I want to make an upgrade of equipment going for 3.8GHzHT or 3.2/3.4GHz dual core.FS9/RC4 is my way of relax and I'm really interested in power, not in running FS with low framerates, so I would have to shutdown firewall and some other programs to run it as smoothly as possible.I'm waiting for FSX (4th trimester of 2006?) and expecting the RC5(?) too. Until then I'm becoming better and better with RC4.ThanksEduardo

Hi Eduardo,I have a AMD FX-60 Dual Core. I found that FS2004 and RC4.1 to run excellent! I leave the dual core alone, without tweaking it and everything is fine.Paul

Guest abulaafia

I run FS9 with RC4 on an Intel D 2.8 and it works wonderfully. I had an AMD before and even though it might have run single games faster, double core definitely is much smoother. I can switch away from FS other applications, surf the net on the second monitor while flying, without any wait or stutter.

Guest 102301636

I run FS9.1, RC4.1, ASV, UT (@100%), all the FlyTampa's Sceneries and loads of freeware on a Pentium M 1.86GHz! and I average 25fps...it's all about how your hardware is set up, looking at what you have at the moment I'd say it's a fine setup, you may just need to optimize it rather than splashing out on more power (which will probably have minimal effect)...remember programs have to be optimized to use the likes of dual core and hyperthreading! FS is not one of these programs (not FS 9 anyway)

Guest cirurgiao

Hi, Paul.Thanks for anwsering so soon. I live in Brazil, so to get a very huge processor & graphics I have to do it abroad because there are some months of delay. I haven't any experience in AMD processor, much less in a dual core. So if I buy one (AMD or Pentium) I just let both FS9 & RC work? Don't I do anything?ThanksEduardo

Guest cirurgiao

Interesting your answer. I'd like to know how you do it. So if you could be kind, email me to cirger@uol.com.brThanksEduardo

Guest cirurgiao

Thanks, Alan.I do need to get a new computer. I'm a Trauma Surgeon and need one computer to my researches. So instead of getting all my professional files with my "hobby" files and since I'll have to buy a new one why not get a huge machine (processor & graphics card) so I can stay well "powered" for a long time?ThanksEduardo