Sign in to follow this  
Guest 102301636

Wishlist

Guest skyhog

Here is another suggestion and/or request. Would it be possible to beable to file 2 flight plans such as Pln1 Pln2. This would help when on flights that have a stop included. I'm going the fly one that has a 30 minute layover and then off again. If for some reason your a little late arriving and have to rush to make the next departure.

>>you can always play with the MSA to help RC understand a>mountainous airport. you have notams, and, should i say it,>you might just have to fly the plane, and not push buttons,>and turn dials :-)>Yes, however, on this approach, even with the MSA set to 9000 and NOTAMs checked I still wasn't allowed below 15,000, when I really need to be at 10,000 or 11,000 at the most. It makes those Boeings tough to get in properly.I wonder on that topic, if there's a way you could include a menu selection that would allow us to sort of make our own STAR. For example, I make my plan in FS9 and include the STAR waypoints I plan to fly. RC recognizes those waypoints and the other data where it displays in the middle of the Controller Info block. Could it be done that we could have the option to select certain waypoints and enter an altitude restriction in them? Even better, the option to be At or Below? This would really be a neat feature when flying a STAR or approach, especially when mountains or other issues complicate the descent process. This would've allowed me to get cleared to 10,000 before reaching the IAF on my KSLC ILS approach.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

"... on non-FAA airports the descent TL varies as assigned by ATC according to the surface pressure altitude."That's absolutely correct, Ron, and this is already fully implemented in Radar Contact 4's non-FAA procedures. I'm puzzled by your next comment, though: "It might be a bit of complex coding but RC can see the surface pressure and should be able to maintain an internal altimeter based on PA as well as know the aircraft altitude based on standard PA during the descent transition to make the call when to switch to surface pressure."Are you suggesting that RC doesn't already do this? As the designer of RC's altimetry system for non-FAA areas, I can assure you it does. There's nothing complex about it (at least for a man of jd's programming ability!) and it has been coded so that RC calculates not only the correct flight level value for the Transition Level (based on 1013.2 hPa) but it also calculates the actual altitude of this flight level based on the local pressure setting (QNH). It is this latter value that is used to calculate the "altimeter check" call on descent.Pete

Guest Douglas Thompson

Chris,You're looking for something akin to Profile Descent. It's been on the list; can't say if/when we'll do it at this time. I heard a rumor the States are going to try it again (it failed once already as a usable procedure). If that happens, RCvX will see it for sure.

I thought that it did. I saw your response in the flightsim thread this a.m. (and correction to one of mine which I comprehend) and all appears well as I thought. I just wanted someone from here to respond to this other poster's criticsm.I've done a lot of European (Germany, Switzerland, France, Italy) using a freeware Zurich, Cologne, Rome-Fuciano, and the Aerosoft collections for Germany and France and looking at all these plates everything for TA and TL is working great for me.Thanks for your response and great job on designing this area of RC 4.01 -- especially to all.

>

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

You can get a pilot's perspective (Captain Mike Ray) on CDAP by downloading his supplements to his 700 guides from the download section at www.utem.com. I found it interesting. (I have two of his manuals).

Guest hlm65

Hi JD,I'm putting here (as an addition to the "wishlist") a reply that I gave to another thread regarding ATIS that seems to have gone un-noticed:"JD,maybe it could be possibile to read the weather from real reports stored in the WX files of programs such as ActiveSky (which has a new file for every hour).This could be very interesting and useful, you may even make a small additional "WX window" in the startup screens and put there some ICAO station for which you may wish to have updated wx reports (say: the destination and the alternates/route alternates airports; so you could get an update on the wx at your destination and make your planning better): if you could read the WX file, the "get the wx" could give you:-actual "near" airport wx-actual destination wx-actual alternates wxThis would sound more as a "VOLMET" than an ATIS (no runway infos) and could be personalized (you put the 3-4 ICAO that you need).You may even have 2 "get the wx" options: the VOLMET and the local (which gives the nearest airport ATIS).It may just read the METARs giving: wind, vis, wx, cloud, temp/dp and altimeter/QNH, disregarding any other attached info (such as Windshear, CB position and a lot of stuff that can be appended at the end of the METAR and that many times is in a not standardized format).I don't know if this is possibile, but if so, would be a very nice improvement.Thanks a lot."Thanks again and thumbs up for RC: I can't do one single flight without it!

Guest Steve Keating

I see some great ideas in this thread and if I may just add a couple myself.1, regarding the TCAS RA, would it not be possible to do what we do in real life and have an option menu with eg. 1, Filght#xx TCAS Climb 2, Filght#xx TCAS DescentAnd another call " Clear of conflict, Descending (Climbing) Flight LevelXXX" after the RA.Thus if we get an RA we select the appropriate call and then we don't get a *ollocking from the Feds when we arrive.2, I'd like the deviation for weather looked at as, as I stated before on some sectors it will be difficult to get 25 miles between waypoints and as such we will always get chewed out for deviating of our route.3, Maybe delayed climb option could be reworked so that you will always be cleared to a level 2000' below your flight planned level and when you reach that level the controller could ask "XXXX, are you able Flight Level X"And an answer option of 1,Yes 2,Not at this timeOr maybe a little more informally "Were happy where we are now thanks"Anyway glad to see that you planning on even more improvements to an already great program Good luckSteve

Guest 102301636

I think those TCAS ideas are cool, and well worth a look, definately a very good idea!I assume RC would just not log the deviation in altitude until the clear of conflict call was made, thus ensuring no penalty from JD at the end of the flight...I like it...simple and effective

I'd like to see ATTC issue speed reductions during approach like they do inrel life.Dave FisherCYYZP4 Prescott 3.2e 478p 800mhz 1mg CPUP4P800SE Asus Motherboard2.5 gig PC3200 DDR RAM 400MHZGeForce 7600GT/512 OC'dMaxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2WDC WD800 80 Gig HDAntec 500watt true powerSharp 19 inch LCD MonitorLogitech Extreme 3D pro Joystickhttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpghttp://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg