Sign in to follow this  
Guest rudesing

New Callsign Problems

Guest rudesing

Having read through other posts on the subject of new callsigns, I decided to add my own into RC for the VA that I fly for (Connect). Creating the sound files was easy enough, as I just used the QANTASJETCONNECT callsign already in RC, and cut them down for each voice. In actual fact it only took a few minutes. I made the necessary amendments to the c4.csv file as well as adding in the necessary textfiles to the controllerscripts and pilotscripts folder. So far so good.So then I loaded up RC4, and went to test my new callsign. It all started well with the CONNECT airline appearing with the correct callsign. I then hit the osund test button, and was delighted to hear the a perfect pronunciation of CONNECT. Then..... rather than my flight number (defaulted to 121 at the time), I got what can only be described as white noise. I tried a few different voices all with the same results - Perfect callsign, garbage flight numbers. All other callsigns worked perfectly.Has anybody any ideas why the problem with the new callsigns affecting the flight number callout?

what does connect.wav sound like?did you put the file in directories winwood0 - winwood98?jd

Guest rudesing

The connect.wav sounds as it should do. It is in all winwood directories that are populated with voice sets. All I did to create the file was to edit out the first few moments of the existing QANTASJETCONNECT wav's in each folder and resaved under the CONNECT name.The entry in cd reads as:CONNECT,CONNECT,CONNECT,0, 0 What puzzles me is why it is the flight numbers which are sounding corrupt when if anything I would have expected the callsign to come out wring.

I suspect your .WAV may have been created with different attributes to the others in RC (sample rate etc. etc.). When RC concatenates the .WAVs together to play it uses the attributes for your file for the whole set, so you hear 'connect' correctly, but the rest is garbage.I once tried to edit some of the .WAVs in the Dean Barry pilot set, as some of these have unusually long pauses at the beginning and/or end. I used the free version of WavePad, but could never get them to play correctly in RC and gave up.Ian

Ian Box

I'm no expert on RC's sound files - that's Ray's bailiwick - but Ian's suggestion as to the cause of the problem does sound a possibility. Did you save your new wav file as 11kHz, 8 bit, mono which is the standard format for RC's wav files?Pete

Guest rudesing

You guys are genii, and I humble myself to your superior knowledge! It was indeed the fact that I my wav converter had automatically saved the newly created files as 16 bit rather than 8. Problem now completely sorted, and I am rather happy with the results!

I'm glad you got it sorted - and well done Ian for spotting the problem.Pete