Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joshieca

From 14 fps(jerky) to 20fps (smooth)

I just installed and test the new detonator 29.42 for XP with my Gforce 2 mx400 max and that is a definate improvement from before just if nobody new this it is worth the download ,as a result of this no more repainting today ,I am going off to fly :)

Guest firehawk44

I have to agree and all the drivers are now digitally signed by Microsoft. Everytime I ran the DirectX diagnostic tool, it told me "nv4_disp.dll" was not digitally signed and to look for an update. With this update, it finally is, and the new 2942 drivers seem to be working great with my GF3 card on my XP OS.

I agree, these are the FIRST drivers to actually make a difference.

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Did you uninistall your previous video driver before installing the new 29.42? I downloaded the 29.42 driver file and the PDF users guide, which recommends that the old driver be unistalled before installing 29.42. BTW, my video card is a Elsa Gladiac 32MB GeForce2 GTS DDR NV15.My current XP nvidia driver is the one that Windows XP put in there by default when I installed XP. I don't have an unistall entry on my Add/Remove programs applet like the one mentioned in the nvidia users guide.Can anybody tell me the proper steps for installing the new 29.42 driver on XP. I know I can simply run the executable "29.42_winxp" to install it but the nvidia users guide seems to have conflicting instructions when it recommends to uninstall first.Thank you

If you have an NVidia Drivers line in you Add/Remove Software Menu under Control Panel, then have WinXP remove the earlier drivers, reboot the computer (probably will asked to be rebooted automatically), after it reboots and stabilizes, install the new drivers via the executable.You might also install nvrt10.exe from http://www.guru3d.com/ to remove the WinXP video frequency limitation. Microsoft supposedly will remove this limitation in later versions of WinXP.

I just stick it over the top ,click the self installer and Voila!I also notice all my programs work better and colours are better and everything is Great :)Anniette xxxxxxxxxxx

So Anniette, no more repaints ever ever ever again? hehehe.Just jokingCraig Kiltie

Thanks for letting us know Anniette.. I recently tried to follow the 23.11 vs 29.42 driver debate between Elrond and Paul and I'm not sure what the conclusion was!! - or even if there was a conclusion - hard to tell when you dont really understand half of whats being said :-hmmmI dont seem to get much of a frame rate increase (or decrease) but the colours (or colors if you prefer ;)) seem brighter and more vibrant.Thanks again!Murphy

You are supposed to remove the old drivers before installing the new ones, but Nvidia says that if you use the self-installing .exe file, it will be done for you.BTW, I've noticed a definite improvement in speed and smoothness, but all the on-screen text (ATC window, Shift+Z) is fouled up. Anyone else notice this?

Anybody try these with Win98SE & a TNT2 video card? Thanks.Pat

Pat Callaghan
AMD FX-8350 4.0ghz. Asus M5A97 MB
16gig Crucial DDR3 ram, Radeon HD-7970 Video
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

To be honest this is the first driver change where i actually see a diferance in performance So I am very happy with it ,it will improve something somewhere even if your frame rates do not go up like mine did :)

Did you get these drivers from the Nvidea web site?Thanks Bill

i'll agree with that. mines a pci in a 766 hp [256ram] and i went from12-16fps [smooth] here in ithaca ny ,to 14 to 20.3[limit at 21] i had 12.41's in, distant scenery seems less "grainy", and the vc instruments definetly better. i had posted screen shots of the settings the other day at...http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID8/5492.html#6 so you can see the configuration. these do show an improvement. tom t

Mines fine on 1024x768x32. What resolution are you running?

1280x960x32. Haven't thought to try other resolutions, though. :-roll