Sign in to follow this  
Guest mobydick

Adding ATC Chatter Files

Guest mobydick

Hi JD, I fly alot in Austria. I have a numbere of Vienna based wav files I would like to add to RC 4. I can find no Country specific folder in Winwood for Austria, can I just add a folder called Austria and add files in the correct numbering sequence?Many Thanks for a super program.mobydick

Hi there,You could do that but remember to put an empty file called $austria.txt in Winwood384.Actually the easisest way to do this for Austria is to put the files (correctly named) in the relevant folders in Winwood384 which is Wien control covering the whole of Austria.If you need more details there is a section describing how to add chatter starting on p 136 of the manual.All the best,John

Guest mobydick

Hi there John, thank you very much for the quick response. I now understand the procedure for adding the files for Austria. How do you know which numbered file to use i.e. 384 for Austria, is this info available as a look up table anywhere?Best RegardsRoy

Hi Roy,If you open the file z4.csv in the rc4data folder with wordpad you will find the names of the centres and the number of the winwood folder which should contain chatter for that centre. In the case of Austria it's easy since there is only Wien control.Each winwood folder should also contain an empty .txt file named after the centre. So searching the winwood folder for *.txt will also produce a list of the various centres.All the best,John

Guest mobydick

Hi John, thank for the info (I'd started to write down the county name in each file!!).As a exercise I tried creating a folder called Austria and putting wav files in each type i.e app, cd, etc plus the $austria text file in 384/app etc but could not make it work. In the end I just put all the wav files in the appropriate folders in 384 which worked fine. Should I have use Wein as the country folder name?Many thanks for your help.RegardsRoy

Hi Roy,As they say if it works don't fix it :-)In fact you should only put one austria.txt file in the winwood384 folder.Don't put it in the subfolders.Then RC will look in the winwoodaustria folder for all the relevant subfolders and files.All the best,John