Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

Strange problem with AI distribution

Hi,I have a strange problem with AI, I don't know if it is RC4 related.After I start RC4 everything is normal for some minutes, then all in a sudden, there appear clutters of AI aircraft, even 15-20 aircraft grouped in small areas (at different altitudes) in the zones around me (I can see it on my Flightsim Commander window). This creates a remarkable decrease in frame rate, that keeps until many of those aircraft have spread (and also a lot of TCAS traffic advisories).Has anyone had anything like that?I tried without RC4 only a couple of times and the problem did not show up, but this does not mean that it's RC4 related.I don't have any particular AI software, I just downloaded several AI aircraft and airlines schedules and added them to the traffic.bgl file with TrafficTools.Thanks,James

James Goggi

There is a known FS9 characteristic that when FS9 cranks up it takes a few minutes during which there is an AI rush to "get things on schedule" both in crowded take-off queues and current aircraft in the air around your position.RC4 in controlling AI for enroute anti-collision avoidance in your immediate area might tend to pack a few aircraft in an already dense situation.To spread AI out in your airport area try using (freeware) AI Smooth available here:http://www.sg-flightware.de/Search this forum for suggestions on how to use it. It will make take-off queues more efficient and allow you an easier merge into a dense landing situation by spreading out according to your desired settings AI aircraft on near and final approach by placing them in holding patterns.