Sign in to follow this  
Guest Panman

AI calling too early

Guest Panman

Just installed UT so don't know if this is a feature or not. I am now getting AI traffic calling clear of the active runway when clearly they are not. For instance just landed at EGKK on taxi to the terminal the aircraft that landed after me claimed to be clear at E1 when he was still on the runway without about 200 metres to go!! Same thing happened during takeoff from EGNT, aircraft claimed to be clear and was still slowing down ON the runway with a good way to go before the exit.

Guest Panman

AI chatter is switched off.Doing a flight now to see if it is still happening.

i can't really control what the fs atc is saying or doingturn down the fs atc, and turn on ai chatterjd

Guest Panman

It's not the fs atc.It's the RC AI traffic calling too early.

if rc ai chatter is off, you won't hear me talking to the ai, or the ai talking to mejd

Guest Panman

Okay it's me confusing terms here. Pre-recorded chatter is off. Ai Chatter is on.

ok, that makes more sense.have you rebuilt your scenery database in rc? that is how i get the coordinates of runways, and thresholds, etc. based on that, i determine when planes are on the runways and when they aren't.jd

Guest Panman

Yes I have rebuilt the database. Didnt do a flight today to see if it is still doing as trying to get to grips with UT (RC4 made me go get it basically). But up to yesterday the aircraft were calling clear when they werent near the turnoff.

Just to add, I am also seeing this. AI call ground at the transition from rollout to high speed taxi, i.e., on the runway, immediately after switching off the landing lights.For me location, AFCAD, etc do not matter.Certainly not a major issue, I probably wouldn't have even noticed if not for this thread, but still, just FYI.

Regards,

Brian Doney

yeah, i'm triggering that ai chatter on the ai transition from rollout to taxi in. i just assumed they would be off the runway when they started taxiing in :-(jd

Guest Panman

Doesn't take into account airports with very long runways and exits very far down the runway then. I can live with it, it's not really a show stopper - maybe something you can look at for a future version.