Sign in to follow this  
Guest nem

"Unable to write to" warning - why?

Guest nem

Hi everyone,since recently I've been getting the following notification from RC 4.01 when starting the flight:> Unable to write to COMPUTERNAMEFlight Simulator Files>> Will not be able to... (etc.)I realize this shouldn't be harmful as long as I don't want to save (and in fact I don't want to), but it's got me puzzled nonetheless. RC is running on the same machine as FS, so why is it trying to use a network share in the first place? True, the share exists and it is read-only, but shouldn't this be of no matter at all to RC?Maybe have RC check if it's connecting via WideFS or not before trying to access the flight plan directory via network shares? :)Apart from this minor thing - great product, keep it up!Regards,Jens Bremmekamp

i use a UNC path, because the same code has to work with widefs as well as without it.it's almost always a case of permissions and securityjd

Guest nem

I understand, but why does RC in my case even try to use the path to the share instead of looking up the Flight Simulator Files directory in the registry? It's on the same machine as the sim after all, no Widefs involved here...Regards,http://www.bremmekamp.com/img/misc/avsim.jpg

do you know how many machine i run into that have the wrong path in the registry? i bet almost 33%that's is why i query fsuipc for the path, and it returns the unc pathjd

at first this was a one or two user problem. i have no idea why 99% of the people have no problem.but 1% is getting to be a large number. i will do something for sure before the next point releasejd

Guest wyattx2

I have the same problem. Is there a workaround? Thanks,Jim

Guest wyattx2

>like i said here>http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=19365&page=>>it is almost always a security/permissions issuei use a UNC path, because the same code has to work with widefs as well as without it.----------------------------------I'd be happy to provide permission or lower security to enable the files to be saved. I just don't know how to do it??Jim