Sign in to follow this  
Guest thetull

Adding the additional pilots & Controllers...help please

Guest thetull

HiI just got radar contact and I am very impressed. I have been trying to add the additional voice sets but I cant seem to grasp how this is done. I have read the part in the manual and also the wording document that comes within the voice set files. I just dont get it. The instuctions may be clear to other people but not to me....I am a real novice here.....sorry. Can somebody explain simply how to do this. I downloaded 2 of the additional files and extracted the files into the 'winwood' directory but they do not show up in the voices section when I launch Radar Contact. Any help would be appreciated.Thank you.

Hi Paul,Nice to have a local lad using RC4 :-)If you use WinZip to unzip the contents you must have "Use Folder Names" selected when you unzip the wavs to winwood. They will then be unzipped to the relevant numbered folder and the new pilot/controller will become visible in RC4. If you didn't check that box it's probable they're all unzipped into the winwood folder.If that's the case then open Explorer, navigate to winwood and select all those wavs (close to 2,000 of them) and delete them. The winwood folder itself does not hold any wav files on a permanent basis.Let us know how you get on.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest thetull

Hi RayMany thanks Ray, job sorted. I dont know why I couldnt understand the instructions, any I underststood yours. Job sorted! So ya down in Cheshire eh, lovely part of the country. I am a good few miles north of you in Rochdale, Lancashire. I only recieved my copy yesterday and did my first flight last night, bloody amazing program. Very very clever.Anyway, thanks for the advise.....I will download the rest of the voice sets now and install them.Cheers!

Hi Paul,Glad you're sorted out now :-)I live between EGCC and EGCD - just on the border of Gtr Manchester and Cheshire. You are further away that I thought. EGCC must be your hub. Lovely scenery up there too plus crackin' meat pies! :-hahHave fun!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray, I'm also from near EGCC(I got my PPL there and flew from there for 15 years or so),just 20nm south of the VOR and down the railway line from Crewe.When I try to unzip some extra voices into winwood it tell me there are already files in"61"which will be overwritten.Sorry to be a pain but can you tell me more about this process.The original poster obviously got it right but I haven't I'm afraid.

if 61 is a replacement, then overwrite the files in 61, or delete the files in 61 first, and then unzip themjd

JD thanks for the prompt reply.It's suppoosed to be an additional voice set"Geri Jackson pilot set" not a replacement

whoever was in 61, needs to be replaced by geri.delete the files in 61, and unzip geri into 61jd

Hi Chris,Sorry I was a bit late coming in on this but JD will get you sorted.I remember the 'south side' at Manchester back in the late 70's when I had my first and last flight in a light aircraft. A windy Feb day did not make for a pleasant time and I felt more vunerable at 1500ft than 39000ft! You probably knew that area - now part of 24L!Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks JD.I'll have a go at it tomorrow.Ray.Wonder which school it was?Happy days!I was with MSF from about 1974 but I remember another school opened up in the late 70s or early 80s.Some of the instructors moved across I think.My 3rd flight was like your 1st.Don't know why I carried on but I wasn't married in those days!Great product and service by the way.Love it!

Hi Chris,<Haven't got a clue - sorry. A friend of a friend knew someone who had a part-share in a light aircraft and me and my then girlfriend were offered a chance for a flight so we grabbed it. Never went back after that.Glad you're enjoying RC4 :-waveCheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather