Sign in to follow this  
iainsmith

An unexpected benefit from FSUIPC 3.6

Hi all! I'm running RCv4.0 because of the stuttering with 4.01 and the downside was the more robotic sounding voices, with words spaced out, that 4.01 addressed.Yesterday I installed FSUIPC 3.6 and have done a couple of flights since then and noticed almost immediately that the pace of the voices has improved to the level of 4.01! At first I thought I was imagining it but as it wasn't an effect that I expected I don't think it is imagination. Careful listening convinces me more and more that this is a definite improvement and I thought this might be of interest to the team. Upgrading FSUIPC is definitely the only change I made that could have done this. :D Iain

>so maybe 4.01 would be even better :-)>>jdYes, quite possibly in this respect John but having an AMD processor which seems to cause the stuttering with 4.01, I'm reluctant to try. If I heard the pace of the voices being even better but still had the stuttering and I then reverted, the voices would sound slow in comparison!How's the Beta testing of the patch to cure the stutters coming along?RegardsIain

nothing i tried worked on the beta tester that had the stuttersjd

I'm using RC v4.01 on an AMD Athlon64 system and I have no problems at all.ByeStefano

that is what is so frustrating. it's not an amd issue. some people's machines just don't like 4.01, and i can't put my finger on what the commonality is.jd

>that is what is so frustrating. it's not an amd issue. some>people's machines just don't like 4.01, and i can't put my>finger on what the commonality is.>>jdMaybe it's the motherboard chipsets (mine are Via) or graphics cards (I have an Nvidia Geforce 6600GT)?Iain

Asides from virus checkers and security suites, what other programs out there automatically scan any file called upon by an application? If my error tracking and testing 'experience' is anything to go by, a hardware issue common amongst sufferers would probably be reasonably apparent. You could get users to download belarc and get them to run a system diagnostic and send you the resulting report file.http://www.belarc.com/free_download.htmlAnother thing to try is to get users to run enditall, and close all the peripheral apps down. Does this eliminate the stutters?What about the state of the hard drives? Well defragged? FS folder compressed? Indexing service on or off?I'm running on an AMD rig without issues, though if I'm running FS with sliders mostly maxed, RC, UT at 100%, plus one of the advanced add-ons, I do get slight stutters but this would come as no surprise!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Mark, this is interesting stuff. Just a couple of questions:->Asides from virus checkers and security suites, what other>programs out there automatically scan any file called upon by>an application? >I leave my ASDL router on in order to d/load real weather for ActiveSky but presumably as long as my Norton firewall is on do I need my virus scanning to be enabled? It is at present.>>What about the state of the hard drives? Well defragged? FS>folder compressed? Indexing service on or off?My indexing service is on. Would it be better if it was off?I have now returned to version 4.01 and FSUIPC 3.6 certainly seems to have reduced the stutters and the pace of the RC voices is now almost as good as FS ATC - it is certainly totally acceptable!The stutters do not happen every time an RC voice is uttered and it is now much less noticeable. I have noticed the following:-1. It is never caused by the pre-recorded chatter.2. It never seems to occur with the RC AI chatter between controller and other aircraft. If there is going to be a stutter it only seems to happen during communication between my aircraft and a controller.I mention this for what it is worth in case it is of help. I thought it was interesting as they are all wav files and, therefore, one would think that any of them could contribute to the problem.Mark, I would appreciate your comments on my two questions above. In the meantime I'll continue to use 4.01 because overall it is such an improvement over 4.0!ThanksIain

1) pre-recorded chatter is simply "played" in whole. it is not "pieced/woven" together like pilot to controller, controller to pilot, ai to controller or controller to ai. the longer the end result wav is, the longer it took to "piece/weave" it together.2) probably because they are such smaller wavs to play in the endi find it interesting that changing fsuipc, has changed rc's behavior.jd

It's also my feeling that FSUIPC 3.6 has somewhat enhanced my overall system performance, anyway I have no benchmarks that can certify this.:)ByeStefano

Guest Dutch64

More and more i think also amd on itself is not the issue. Like stated above, a combination with chipset or so.My idea is that it might have to do with agp or pci-e. I use agp myself and have the stutters, maybe other people who have stutters can tell what they use?(FSUIPC 3.6 is no option for me since it keeps disconnecting me from FSINN for some reason)CheersMartin

Guest 102301636

I don't think it's neccessarrily the new version of FSUIPC which is causing the stutters to go away, I think it's the lack of ADVDisplay...just my humble opinion, I can also concur it's not an AMD problem given the survey I put out thereps thanks to all 14 respondants!here are the results (sorry I should have posted this info earlier)Users with stutters using the following chipsets;AMD 2400: 1AMD 3000+: 2AMD 3200+: 1AMD 3500+: 4AMD Dual Core 3800+: 1P4 2GHz: 1P4 2.4GHz: 1P4 3GHz: 1P4 3.2GHz: 2Found no correlation between processor and stuttering....the saga continues

I using an AMD 3200+, ASUS A7N8X-E MB, with 1.5 MB's of ram. I experianced massive fps drops with 4.01. So I did a reinstall of Win xp and FS9.1,RC 4.01 and with the new FSUPIC, And the momentary fps drop when the controllers speaks improved. But every now and then I hear some backround static when controller speaks. Go figure.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64